cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment date to later in the month

msquires22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone

Currently my payment comes out between the 13th-15th of each month. Is there any way to change the payment date to later in the month? It just would help with the rest of the bills/payments in my situation.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

@msquires22 wrote:

So - again, sorry for the confusion

There's a "promo" plan now - pretty much the same deal I have $45 for 6 gb of 3G + 500mb if you set up for auto-pay.

Couldn't I just switch to that plan a bit later in the month and it would be my new renewal date?

Your best bet if you want that plan is to tell it now that you want to move to the new plan on your next renewal. That way it will kick in when it is time to pay again. 

The only way to "move" your renewal date without losing service and without throwing away unused paid time, would be to over pay your plan once by topping up early. Let's say you want the 25th to be your renewal date. In reality it is the 13th. If you load the funds in on the 25th, they will sit there waiting to be used on the 13th. So long as you always ensure there are funds sufficient in the account come the real date, then your payment date would effectively become the 25th. Eventually the date will move itself to the end of the month (31 days on a 30 day plan cause a shift in date) and you can let auto-pay do its thing from then on until it shifts out of your comfort range again.

It sounds like the OP's wife is on autopay, so although this will work, it requires her to make a manual payment each month.  If the wife is not okay with that then.....the OP will have to do it.  Happy wife, happy life, LOL!!!!

Psygineer

@msquires22 wrote:

There's a "promo" plan now - pretty much the same deal I have $45 for 6 gb of 3G + 500mb if you set up for auto-pay.

Couldn't I just switch to that plan a bit later in the month and it would be my new renewal date?

Your best bet if you want that plan is to tell it now that you want to move to the new plan on your next renewal. That way it will kick in when it is time to pay again. 

The only way to "move" your renewal date without losing service and without throwing away unused paid time, would be to over pay your plan once by topping up early. Let's say you want the 25th to be your renewal date. In reality it is the 13th. If you load the funds in on the 25th, they will sit there waiting to be used on the 13th. So long as you always ensure there are funds sufficient in the account come the real date, then your payment date would effectively become the 25th. Eventually the date will move itself to the end of the month (31 days on a 30 day plan cause a shift in date) and you can let auto-pay do its thing from then on until it shifts out of your comfort range again.

msquires22

gotcha - thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msquires22 

Yes but you "lose" half a month of your current paid term. No refunds or pro-rations here. That's why I said it costs more.

If it's about the cash flow then stonechucker and mimmo have given you an option.

msquires22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker 

Oh I get it now. You explained it somehow better than mimmo.

This would be a cash flow matter.

@msquires22, the easiest way to accomplish this is to top up early.  You're on the 13-15th right now, but you want it later.  So as you've already renewed this 30-day cycle, pick a day early later this month, or very early April and make your one-time payment to cover your renewal for the upcoming payment.

You can let your funds sit there, and on renewal night, it will take the money.

Set a reminder in your calendar, and to it again for the next cycle, and so on.

msquires22

it's an issue for my wife lol

msquires22

Yea - Could be an option. I'm currently on the $45 for 6gb plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msquires22 

LovesToPM may be on to something. It costs more but you could do an immediate plan change to a different plan on whatever date you like and then that becomes your new renewal date (other than floating around a little). But be aware of your plan and any grandfathering or promos attached to it.

Pizzaeh

@msquires22 wrote:

Hi everyone

Currently my payment comes out between the 13th-15th of each month. Is there any way to change the payment date to later in the month? It just would help with the rest of the bills/payments in my situation.

Thanks

Wanted to add, once you're able to move the payment date later in the month, because the payment cycles are 30 days and the number of days in each month are not always 30 days, this adjustment will be necessary periodically.

msquires22

So, I'm currently set for April 13th as my renewal date coming up.

You're saying to pay earlier - say April 10th - and then pay again around April 20th - and have the april 20th set as the renwal date going forward? Will that work?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

why not simply pay at the later date.  money will just go in as available funds, and it will renew as it usually does.  this however means "paying twice in one month" 

ie current renewal date is april 3.  pay april 2 and april 20,  then pay may 20th

the april 20th covers your may 3 renewal and the may 20th covers your june 3rd renewal

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You could temporarily stop your service and restart it when you are ready to pay. However you would be without service in-between.

If you are using a credit card to pay, is the payment date still an issue?

This is a bit confusing. I'm not sure you want to pay twice in the same month.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There are no deferral options.  I don't know of any cell carrier that offers it.  Since this is a prepaid service, no payment = no service.  You can pay later and restore the service.  Up to 90 days of suspension is allowed before account deactivation. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msquires22 wrote:

Hi everyone

Thanks

I think the only way is to let it go into suspension and then reactivate it around a time of month that you prefer. Not lost/stolen suspension. The lack of funds suspension. For this hopefully you don't have sufficient funds in your Available Funds. Turn off autopay.

Then re-up everything later in the month.

Of course you don't have phone service for that while 🙂

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@msquires22 wrote:

Hi everyone

Thanks

The only way to put your renewal date later it's to stop your payment and pay it later in the month...BUT you will loose some credit maybe you have..and all minutes and texts  not used...for me it's not a good idea...

Need Help? Let's chat.