cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my plan with the first day

Jenny_Clemmy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up yesterday and would like to change my plan to a larger one. When I try to change it from the $25 to the $40 I’m being charged the full $40. I understand this if I was far into my 30 days but it hasn’t even been 24 hours. Is there a way to change without paying an outrageous $65?!

9 REPLIES 9

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic is absolutely right, just use up your data and when you are done switch to 40 plan. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny_Clemmy wrote:

I signed up yesterday and would like to change my plan to a larger one. When I try to change it from the $25 to the $40 I’m being charged the full $40. I understand this if I was far into my 30 days but it hasn’t even been 24 hours. Is there a way to change without paying an outrageous $65?!

@Jenny_Clemmy  Unfortunately if yo change plans you will lose the $25. My recommendation will be to stay on the current $25 plan until you data runs out. Once that happens then do a plan change to the $40 plan. At least that way you get to use up the 1 GB of data that your current plan provides.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah  I would not say never. When data is used up( the main reason for these requests), than an immediate plan is typically cheaper than buying the addon, especially per gb. 

People often do plan changes mid cycle not realizing there is no refund for remaining time data, and that their existing plan is forefitted. Thus suggesting the future dated option. 

And definitely wait until you run out before you change. When you run out, you won't be charged, your data will just STOP!

I've seen a few posts to never change your plan, mid cycle. Although I get the sentiment, I think it's the wrong way to look at it. Assuming the good faith approach doesn't work 48-72 hrs likely, here's your options. I'm assuming data is your issue.

Current                               Add ons                       New Plan

1Gb 3G data.                      3 Gb Lte                      4 Gb 3G data

$25                                     Add $30                       $40

remainder can be

carried to next month

You be the judge. Each persons scenario is different.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jenny_Clemmy  if you do as @Dunkman  suggests top up the available funds with the difference in plan costs.

Another option is to do a plan change once your current data runs out.  That will minimize the cost of doing an immedeate plan change. 

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't change plans mid cycle. Always change plan on next renewal date. It gives you 2 options when doing a plan change, always use the second option.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jenny_Clemmy 

Only way to change is to contact moderator and moderator might be able to switch plans without charging the whole amount.  Moderator does not have to though...  no guarantees.  Since you are a new customer, there might be some goodwill gesture.  Since public mobile is prepaid, there are generally no refund and no pro-rated plans.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It will take 1-2 days to respond though.  Maybe have enough funds in your account to cover the cost difference. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny_Clemmy wrote:

No way to alter it now without paying again. You can get a 500min talk addon for $5, if that will help. You can also get a data addon...1GB for $30.

Need Help? Let's chat.