cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans on your renewal with autopay

wildgypsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I have opted to change plans on my upcoming renewal date of October 11 2020 I am setup with autopay since joining PM. when I look at the expected payment it shows it is only a 30 day plan payment?  Will the autopay continue on my renewal date or is there something I missed when setting up the change?  Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

Triple111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks z10user4!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triple111 : You will get the extra that comes with the plan.

Triple111

Thank you everyone for your help.  I've topped up my account to ensure no loss of service and it is set to change on my renewal date.  One more quick question if I may.  The new plan comes with an additional Bonus of 500 MB with autopay.  It is my understanding that even though I already have autopay, the new plan will still be awarded the Bonus.  Can anyone please comment on this.

Thanks again for the assistance!!! 

@Triple111 

Thats only when you don't finish a full 30 day cycle. On renewal your rewards get applied first...shortly after midnight eastern. Your plan amount gets debited at about 2 am eastern. So you should have no issue getting the rewards its a known glitch though that if you don't have the full plan amount in your balance when switching from a lower priced plan to a higher one autopay can fail but your renewal may fail if when it resets at midnight it doesn't "see" $50 its doomed to fail....that's some speculation but as I said earlier better safe than sorry....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triple111 : Rewards are converted into Available Funds at 12:01am ET of your renewal day. Plan changes and payments happen after that. You should get the rewards coming to you.

The fact that it asked for money right away suggests you might have chosen an immediate plan change. So yes make sure you make it as a change for next renewal. It would be suggested to deposit sufficient funds before then anyway just to make sure of the change over cost.

Triple111

Hi Darlicious, thanks for the reply:  My renewal date is Jul 22, 2021 and I'm planning to use change on renewal date, not change plan now

Re Edit: Your rewards will not apply when you do an immediate plan change. 

I read under Change Your Plan in the Help section that rewards are not applied immediately regardless how you change your plan.  It states under both:  "Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change"

Does that mean you lose a months worth of Rewards for good, or do they double them at the next renewal??? 

Thanks Mike

@Triple111 

Are you changing "now"? Are you out of data? Any reason you are not scheduling a change plan on next renewal?

Edit: Your rewards will not apply when you do an immediate plan change.

@Triple111 

I would play it safe rather than sorry for sure! Its only $2.....I mean if you only had $48 you would probably be ok......

Triple111

Hi Jb456:  I'm about to switch from a $40 plan (with autopay) to a $50 plan.  PM wants me to top-up my account balance with $50 in advance.  If I subtract the $2 autopay reward as you suggest, is there a chance the Plan Change might not go through?  Would it not be to better pay the full amount and let the remaining $2 balance be used at the next renewal date?  This is my only phone and internet source.

Thanks

@wildgypsy 

There is a glitch with autopay and the plan charge plaguing the system for long time now.

If you are unlucky this will happen.

Around midnight your rewards will be credited to you.

Around 2am the system will check the balance and compare it to your new plan to determine how much money has to be taken off your credit card and the autopay Will execute.

Within next 12 hours the system will attempt to debit your account for you plan, BUT for some reason it will check if you have enough funds on your account for your current plan if that passes it will proceed. The problem is if your current plan is higher than the plan you are switching to (hence less was c charged from your credit card) and if you don't have enough money on your account this will fail.

This is why some people wake up with no service but sufficient balance and are suspended due to 'failed' payment and sometimes even have to contact moderators to have their account reprovisioned

Community noticed that you can avoid this by having enough funds for the more expensive plan, the difference will stay on your balance and will be used for future payments. As already mentioned you still get autopay rewards even if you post manually or with vouchers as long as you are registered you are getting it

@wildgypsy  all current plans are 30 days. If you are on an old 90 day plan take note that you will not be able to get back onto a 90 day plan in the future as PM got rid of those plans.

Whatever plan you selected for "Change at next renewal" is a 30 day plan that renews every 30 days.

Screenshot below for you. "Payment type" select Other - entered desired amount

Then type the amount you want to add to your account.

Then hit "submit".

Transaction will process and then that money will go into your "Available Balance" which you can see on your overview page.

Screenshot_20201009_120057.jpg

wildgypsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the replies I appreciate the assistance.  Yes I processed the change to go through on my next renewal.  So just to be clear to add funds to the account (which I have never done just allowed the payment to processed on the due date) I just make a one time payment and this will add funds to my account?  As for the amount I need to add is it the full 3 month payment or just enough for one month?  Just want to be clear as I don't want to have any interrupted service.  Thank you all for your replies and assistance 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@wildgypsy to confirm.

You went into "Change plan" then picked a new plan and selected "change at next renewal"?

If so that is all you have to do. Your auto-pay will not be affected.

however it is usually advised for first payment on a change of plan to  add money manually before the due date. You still will get the auto-pay reward credited to your balance at renewal time by the system.

For example if your new plan is $40 ($38 with auto-pay).

Log into your account and manually add $38 to your balance before October 11th. Do it today if you want.

On the drop down "Payment Type" select "Other - enter desired amount" then put $38.

So when your plan renews the system will still credit the $2 auto-pay to your available balance bringing it to $40 then debit your account for the $40 plan.

Hope this makes sense to you!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

amount due-01~2.jpeg

@wildgypsy add the funds to your self serve account unless you want to gamble with your service being disconnected. then you will have to wait for moderators to fix your account.. it could take anywhere from 24-48 hours. so I suggest following @JoyLuck suggestion

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@wildgypsy wrote:

Hi

I have opted to change plans on my upcoming renewal date of October 11 2020 when I look at the expected payment it shows it is only a 30 day plan payment?  Will the autopay continue on my renewal date or is there something I missed when setting up the change?  Thank you

All the current plans at PM are 30 day plans. Yes, autopay will continue.

NOTE: Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All the current plans are 30 days.  Your autopay should still go through.

Need Help? Let's chat.