cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan a week after payment

Pfordstanton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had made a payment on Dec.6 for my regular plan of $43 dollars. I will be requiring a bit more data for the next couple months so i changed to the 8GB data plan that is on right now for $50. I had to top up my account $56 in order to do this so now i have made 2 payments in the same month for my phone bill? WIll any of this be credited back or go towards my January bill?

9 REPLIES 9

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@6500K I do agree...  Ironically, I've just gone full circle!  Recently I was pushing back on @stonechucker for not being understanding enough when people were not paying enough attention and drawing on their past experience with other providers.  It looks like I must have run out of patience!  LOL.  Oops. Robot LOL

Not to worry, your past messages more than speak of your good character for those who have enough life experience to look. 👍

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, warning messages appear - if you don't read them, sorry.  User error.  Not Public Mobile error. 🙂

I still like ya.  Read before you click.

@stonechucker we can be the grumpy brothers!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, warning messages appear - if you don't read them, sorry.  User error.  Not Public Mobile error. 🙂

I still like ya.  Read before you click.

srlawren

@6500K I do agree...  Ironically, I've just gone full circle!  Recently I was pushing back on @stonechucker for not being understanding enough when people were not paying enough attention and drawing on their past experience with other providers.  It looks like I must have run out of patience!  LOL.  Oops. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree @srlawren, and I think it could be a consequence of coming from a contract or post paid world.  I know I was used to calling in to an agent to have things changed immediately and have the remainder of what I owed charged on the next bill or credited if there was an over payment.

Hopefully, experience is a good teacher and lessons are learned.

srlawren

@Pfordstanton we've been seeing a lot of this in the community.  The self-serve plan change page makes it pretty clear that you're forfeitting the rest of your current cycle without refund when you do an immediate plan change, yet it seems people are going ahead with immediate plan changes and then expressing surpise and/or anger that they have been "double-charged".  I wish people would actually pay more attention to what they were doing.  No offense intended.

popping

@Pfordstanton wrote:

Ya I didn’t realize that or else I would have waited until next billing cycle for sure. I will message them and even see if they can change it back and then wait until next billing cycle if anything 

You should have wait until the data of your first plan all used before changing to the 8GB plan.

Pfordstanton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ya I didn’t realize that or else I would have waited until next billing cycle for sure. I will message them and even see if they can change it back and then wait until next billing cycle if anything 

mimmo

no it will not.  you did an immedeate plan change.  which replaces teh old plan with the new plan.  what I woudl have done is simply used up the plan and then did an early renewal or plan change when your data ran out.

you could message teh mods and explain waht happened and hope for a goodwill gesture (credit on account)  but there is no nessisity for them to do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.