cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plans data works but can't make calls

hamesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan just now and I have data but can't make or receive phone calls.  Keep getting message 'sorry... you do not have an active long distance plan'.  I'm dialing a local number - is there some delay between changing plans and when it goes active?

5 REPLIES 5

@hamesh wrote:

That worked.  I tried power off and back on but service didn't restore until did the Lost Phone (Suspend Service) and then re-enable.  Can now make calls.  Thanks!

Always good to keep these little tricks up your sleeve for plan changes and add ons. Very common issue to not have a service after a change. Making it a part of your routine  and you'll be on the pm troubleshooting autopilot in no time at all.

hamesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That worked.  I tried power off and back on but service didn't restore until did the Lost Phone (Suspend Service) and then re-enable.  Can now make calls.  Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hamesh wrote:

I changed my plan just now and I have data but can't make or receive phone calls.  Keep getting message 'sorry... you do not have an active long distance plan'.  I'm dialing a local number - is there some delay between changing plans and when it goes active?

Did you change plans "Now" or on your next renewal date? Did you have calling minutes left from the plan you were on?  Were you out and that was the reason for the plan change to choose a different plan. You cannot renew the same plan without mod help. Maybe you just need a long distance add on like the $5/500 min.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The plan should be active right away, but you might want to check your Self Serve account to ensure that the plan you expected to change to is appearing.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hamesh , try a phone reboot.  If that doesn't resolve the problem, go to the account and select lost phone, log out, login, select found phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.