cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from single monthly payment to automatic

BrianBruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched this morning from single payment each month to automatic payment from my credit/debit card. When I access my file I see that it shows automatic payment in operation. This payment is due tomorrow and I presume it will be looked after. Nevertheless, I just got a text from Public Mobile advising there was no money available in my Public Mobile account and I should attend to that. I assume may payment will be processed tomorrow through the automatic payment system. Can anyone confirm this. 

12 REPLIES 12

Johnc2780

Yes. The ismessage a standard reminder, if auto-pay is set, then you will receive a message on the due date thanking you  for your payment. Hope this helps.

daryl604PTM

If you account shows auto pay is active, and nothing is amiss with credit or Debit card, it will go off as planned  they used to pay in advance 3 months at a time, but it seems that to stay alive with the competition that's out there, monthly are now the thing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BrianBruise 

Welcome to PM using your landline # on the go.

I ported my landline to freephoneline.ca/Fongo as my home phone with an ATA + Fongo setup fees for around $100 6 years ago.  No monthly fee other than the upfront expenses.

You are welcome @BrianBruise . However, once there is a credit card on file. Even if you never use it to pay, you will get the $2 autopay reward. The initial payment upon SIM activation is always full price. You will then recive a $4 credit(2+2) on your first renewal cycle. You will pay $11 + applicable taxes . It will then reset to $2 per cycle. $13 + applicable taxes. As long as your account is in good standing, and the there is an autopay credit card attached to your account. 

BrianBruise

Thanks to everyone for your prompt responses.

I'm replying here because of the advice to manual pay in any case to make sure all one's bases are covered. By the way, I was forced to give up my land-line of 30 odd years so I opted for the cheapest phone and plan. The plan is only $15.00 per month so although I've opted for auto-pay my monthly bill is only $15.00 so I can afford to put that up front to be on the safe side.

Again, thanks to all.

Brian

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise  Yes that is correct AutoPay will be used to renew your plan. Best to stay away from selserve and let the process complete on its own. The only time to intervene idea if your phone stops working.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BrianBruise wrote:

I switched this morning from single payment each month to automatic payment from my credit/debit card. When I access my file I see that it shows automatic payment in operation. This payment is due tomorrow and I presume it will be looked after. Nevertheless, I just got a text from Public Mobile advising there was no money available in my Public Mobile account and I should attend to that. I assume may payment will be processed tomorrow through the automatic payment system. Can anyone confirm this. 

The text you get is just a reminder text to remind you when the payment is due. 

The auto payment should still go through. I would still keep an eye on the auto payment. sometimes auto payment does act up and fail.

TIP: If you want to be safe you could always add funds 2 to 3 days before your auto payment is due to your account. You will still get your 2$ auto pay reward

It will deduct the balance from the account first and won't charge you on the card until the credit on the account runs out.

That will make sure the payment always goes through.

Cheers

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BrianBruise wrote:

You should test your autopay setup by adding $1 to you account to make sure that it is working before your renewal midnight esatern time tonight.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your payment due date is feb 27, then the payment should be processed later tonight.

If you opt, you can logon to make a manual payment to ensure that your renewal goes thru without a hitch. As long as your card is registered on your account, you will qualify for the $2 autopay credit.

If your phone service stops working, then you will need to logon to reactivate your service by making a manual payment.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise there is a standard warning messages sent 3 days before that your payment will be taken at 2am eastern on the day your account is due. As long as your services are working properly and autopay is enabled, then ignore it. Just look for your thankyou message tomorrow. This indicates payment was successful. 

@BrianBruise wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise wrote:

@BrianBruise That's simple reminder. You can ignore it if your Autopay is enabled.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BrianBruise wrote:

That is just the reminded text and I believe it says if you have enabled autopay that you don't need to worry about the message and things will be paid automatically

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.