cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan and now lost discounts and phone was disable

hartwick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with Public for roughly 8 months and really like the service and pricing.

I have autopay in place since joining and receive $2 in credit for referrals.

I have been on a $40/month plan from the start but just a few weeks ago switched to a $15/month plan knowing I will not be using my phone while on a work assignment for a few months.

I received an email from Public asking to me to make a payment as I was in arrears which I then discovered I had no cell service with my phone. How can this happen with autopay?

I now see I ahve since been charged for the $15 plus tax seven days later in the month then normally being billed but did not receive the standard $2 autpay and $2 of referral credits.

What did I do worng if anything and how do I get my monthly discounts back?

3 REPLIES 3

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hartwick wrote:

I have been with Public for roughly 8 months and really like the service and pricing.

I have autopay in place since joining and receive $2 in credit for referrals.

I have been on a $40/month plan from the start but just a few weeks ago switched to a $15/month plan knowing I will not be using my phone while on a work assignment for a few months.

I received an email from Public asking to me to make a payment as I was in arrears which I then discovered I had no cell service with my phone. How can this happen with autopay?

I now see I ahve since been charged for the $15 plus tax seven days later in the month then normally being billed but did not receive the standard $2 autpay and $2 of referral credits.

What did I do worng if anything and how do I get my monthly discounts back?

Just to verify, when you switch, you didn't do it immediately, right? You set it to switch when your current 30 days expired?

I don't think you did anything wrong because it's a problem with their autopay system. What you could've done to avoid this is just add money to your account that's just enough to pay for the new plan, so when it comes time to renew and autopay kicks in, it doesn't have to actually charge anything to your credit card.

In terms of rewards, here's how I think it works. When we first signed up, we didn't get the $2 autopay reward immediately upon payment—it was added to our account during our first month before our next renewal (same for the $10/month for 6 months promo discounts). We had to pay the full cost of our plan up front, and the rewards were credited during the first month before the renewal. Switching plans is like this: you need to have the full price of the plan in your account for them to take as payment (because the credit for the previous month rewards should already be added to your account), then during the first month they'll apply the rewards, so upon renewal you'll be paying the full price minus the rewards. So you're not actually losing any rewards. Does that make sense?

Anyways, sounds like you'll need to contact the mods to rectify the autopay issue. Good luck!!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hartwick, as @Metal1967 mentioned, you should contact the moderators.  If you haven't alread, you can click here to send the mods a private message. 

Response time is between 1 to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (eastern time)

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hartwick 

Recently there has been issues with autopay..dates not matching actuall renewal time...best bet to message a moderator and see what they can do for you..

Need Help? Let's chat.