cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan, Does old plan refund?

ACollins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan about a month into my old 3-month plan to add US talk. Will the 2 months left on the old plan be refunded? Because if not, then I paid $120 for one month! I assumed there would be some sort of credit process as I was picking my new plan to make up for the price difference but it just charged me the full $160 or so and started a new 3-month billing cycle.

6 REPLIES 6

Dormice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the post - help me to avoid the similar mistake in the future!

ACollins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok thanks for the help everyone, I will try to get the amount future dated. There really should be a warning about this when you are changing plans. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah this is what's unfortunate about making assumptions!  However, this is a very natural assumption to make if you're only used to post-paid plans in your past, since they are always pro-rated when making plan changes.  However, PM is pre-paid, and this is how it works for pre-paid unfortunately.  Basically it's the only major drawback to prepaid, IMHO.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hope the mods can do something for you about it.

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @will13am said, there is no refund to credit cards at PM. But you can ask the moderators to either future date your plan change or add the difference amount to your PM account as a credit so that you can use it during plan renewal. The moderators are nice enough and they can work out something fair. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a prepaid service with no refunds.  When doing a plan change, customers have the option to future date a change or apply the change immediately.  @ACollins, if you decide to change your mind and go with future dating the change, contact the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.