cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed CC

ptnadon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my credit card information but it no longer automattically bills my account and I end up going to the gas station to get a voucher. ? SOS

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ptnadon wrote:

I changed my credit card information but it no longer automattically bills my account and I end up going to the gas station to get a voucher. ? SOS

It's possible the auto-pay failed just once, in which case you had to manually top off to reactivate.  Some users here pre-pay every renewal as a preventative measure in case the auto-pay function fails. 

How many cycles has this occurred?  I would give it another cycle to see if it's a one-off.

The good thing about it is even though you had to make a manual payment with voucher, if the payment card was still registered to the account, you'd still get the $2.00 per cycle auto-pay discount.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing your credit card and add it back.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ptnadon wrote:

Did you change it in self service?

manage.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you try changing to another first, and change it back to the one you really want to put it on the file?

Also,  When filling in the information
a. avoid autofill 

b. If address/name your credit card statement is in ALL CAPS then follow it with All CAP.
c. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
    If you have a suite #, add it to your street address instead.
    When you fill out the street address, following Canada Post address if there is a discrepancy.
    You might use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
     Example: 101-1234 ABCD AVE E , City , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0  
d. Do not use a space in the postal code.  If it fails the first time, you might want to try X0X 0X (drop the last digit due to space)
e. Make sure you use the full name on the card.
5. Submit the credit card/address without a payment attached to have it register.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ptnadon wrote:

@ptnadon hi you must go into your selfserve account and under payment  change cc 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.