cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan

venkatasurya143
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I want to change my plan, but I unfortunately clicked on top up plan. So, I want to cancel my top up.

20 REPLIES 20

@gpixel wrote:

@venkatasurya143 you are 💯 percent correct! now keep doing that from now on just top up your account manually a few days ahead. think of it as, your phone will get disconnected, if you don't top up your account a few days early. 

Think of it as, your phone will get disconnected, if you don't top up your account a few days early.  

WHAT??????

IT IS A GOOD THOUGHT TO TOP UP IN ADVANCE!!!!

AND IT IS A  REASSURANCE TO DO SO

AND IS A VERY  PRO ACTIVE THING TO DO

BUT.....NOT COMPULSORY NOR SHOULD IT CAUSE A DISCONNECTION OF SERVICE IF YOU HAVE AUTO PAY IN SERVICE. 

@venkatasurya143 wrote:

Are you sure?

Now I changed my plan for the next renewal date. So, I no need to pay it will be deducted from my account top up

As long as you have sufficient $$ in Available Funds to cover the cost of the upgraded plan, then at your next renewal, you'll have your new plan selection and the $$ will come from Available Funds.

@venkatasurya143 wrote:

Are you sure?

Now I changed my plan for the next renewal date. So, I no need to pay it will be deducted from my account top up

@venkatasurya143  Yes! That is how Public Mobile payments work, the funds in  your account are always automatically used up first.

@venkatasurya143 

When accounts renew Public Mobile retrieves funds for your account in this manner:

Rewards : applied first as a credit to your account.

Existing funds: Any funds currently in the account will be used.

Auto pay: Funds will be debited from whichever card you are using in your autopay.

If you have more then enough funds between step 1 and step 2. Your account will continue to be active and aut pay will not kick in. But you will still receive the auto pay cresit of 2.00 if its activated. 

@venkatasurya143 wrote:

so, how will I get my amount, which I paid as top up. I want to cancel my topup

Just leave the top up on your account. The next payment you make will be taken from your on hand balance first then from Auto Pay if you have set up. 

@venkatasurya143  it will charged to available funds first and then to your autopay credit card if there is one.Stay safe. 

@venkatasurya143 you are 💯 percent correct! now keep doing that from now on just top up your account manually a few days ahead. think of it as, your phone will get disconnected, if you don't top up your account a few days early. 

venkatasurya143

Are you sure?

@venkatasurya143 wrote:

how can I use that amount for my plan change

@venkatasurya143  If the top-up is in your account balance then that amount will automatically be used for your plan change.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@venkatasurya143  do a manual top up for the plan you would like to change to and hit the change now button. You will lose what you paid on the original plan and be immediately charged for the new one.  Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan. Stay safe. 20200416_143943.jpg

@venkatasurya143 wrote:

Go to self service.

Choose Plan and Add-Ons tab.

Choose a plan.

Choose Change plan now or Change on next renewal date.

@venkatasurya143 just pick the plan you want and it will deduct the money from your available funds and not from your credit car

venkatasurya143

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can not cancel the top up that is already applied to your account.

venkatasurya143

so, how will I get my amount, which I paid as top up. I want to cancel my topup

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@venkatasurya143 your account should have an "available balance" now. if you have enough funds in your account you can switch to the new plan immediately.

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

change plan-01.jpeg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@venkatasurya143 

If you choose "change plan now" you will not get any credit you paid for your current plan.plan6.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you change your plan it is recommended to change on your next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/text s or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

venkatasurya143

I want to pay that money for my change plan. I do not need any topup

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@venkatasurya143 

If the top up already went through it will remain on your balance. If you want to change immediatley you need to top up your account anyway. 

Need Help? Let's chat.