cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change cc information on account.

DonnaD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went through responses to this question and tried everything, the solution was not forthcoming.  I went to the payment page, had the option of "remove credit card" and "update/amend credit card".  I put in all the new credit card information and I get an error saying card was denied by issuer????? I give up, I'll keep the card I have there now.  I just wanted to change cards, to take advantage of points on an alternate card.

56 REPLIES 56

DonnaD

There is no issue with my card, I used it 2 hrs. ago at a Retailer.  I deleted the credit card, thinking I could add the new one in a few hrs.  I don't think the deletion went through because it still says I'm on the auto pay plan??? So 6 hrs. later I try and add the card and it keeps saying it was declined by the cc company and therefore payment has not gone through.  Huhh, I didn't indicate that I was making a payment, just adding a card.  I guess I'll have to just check again before the next payment is due.  If it doesn't work, I'll have to talk to a moderator.  What a pain for a simple  task.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : There's no apt# field anymore. Hasn't been for some time now.

@DonnaD : If you've been trying many times then likely your card entry has been locked out due to suspected fraud.

What's also frustrating for everybody is that the activation payment screen is vastly easier. Why does it have to be so hard just for managing the registered card? Oh well. Here we are.

You might need to contact the CSA's to clear the lock and they could even add the card. But try to wait about an hour first and try again. Match the billing address, no space in the postal code or drop the last digit, maybe even all caps.

@DonnaD wrote:

I didn't have to call the cc company when I signed up for the account  months ago and every payment has gone though.  I simply want to change the card that is charged and it won't go though.  Like I said, I'll keep trying.

It is a Cdn credit card...correct ?

@DonnaD wrote:

I didn't have to call the cc company when I signed up for the account  months ago and every payment has gone though.  I simply want to change the card that is charged and it won't go though.  Like I said, I'll keep trying.

Hi @DonnaD 

Can you try a totally different device, sometimes that helps with finicky things.

If issues persist ask CSA for help.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

DonnaD

DonnaD

I did cancel the card and went to add it again and got the same message that it was "denied".  I will just wait hrs. until the system catches up to things. 

DonnaD

I think that is the standard response the system automatically throws in for whatever reason.  I'm not going to sit on hold for 40 mins to talk to my cc company.  I know it's a stand statement thrown in about it being denied, because I went to "add credit card".  Now why would it say it was denied, I wasn't making a payment?  I'll keep trying.

DonnaD

Thank you for your suggestion(s).  I don't live in an apt. and the info. is exactly as on my card. 

@DonnaD 

The payment system is finicky at times.  Make sure the name and address exactly matches your credit card company's address.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  Clear cache, incognito mode and different web browser are other options.  

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DonnaD :Since it saying your credit card company denied it, have to tried calling your credit card company to see if anything wrong on their end? I remember I had to call my card company too when I first added my card.

@DonnaD wrote:

Why is it so difficult to amend this?  I asked this question a few days ago and managed to change the card.  However, I want to change it once more and it's like pulling teeth!  I went to "amend card", filled out all the info, only to have it say denied by my company and to contact them.  So I go to cancel card which it seemed to do.  However, when I go back to add a credit card, it keeps telling me the same thing that my cc company has denied it.  Why should something so simple and straightforward be a bit of a nightmare?  So I've made a note to myself to keep checking and trying to add a cc card until it finally goes through.  This is very frustrating.  With technology these days, things should be much simpler.

@DonnaD 

Have you tried to remove the credit card completely?

Try that first, than go back add the card back in.

NOTE: when you log into your Self Serve account try opening a tab in incognito mode. Website sometimes acts better this way.

esjliv_0-1617792002121.png

DonnaD

Why is it so difficult to amend this?  I asked this question a few days ago and managed to change the card.  However, I want to change it once more and it's like pulling teeth!  I went to "amend card", filled out all the info, only to have it say denied by my company and to contact them.  So I go to cancel card which it seemed to do.  However, when I go back to add a credit card, it keeps telling me the same thing that my cc company has denied it.  Why should something so simple and straightforward be a bit of a nightmare?  So I've made a note to myself to keep checking and trying to add a cc card until it finally goes through.  This is very frustrating.  With technology these days, things should be much simpler.

@DonnaD wrote:

Thank you for letting me know your experience also.  I have no managed to change the credit card on the account by just "amend credit card".  It was a pretty simple solution if it had only worked the first time.  Obviously a technical issue at someone's end so I guess it just takes patience.

@DonnaD Try deleting or removing the card and then adding it anew.

It's interesting seeing others experiences with credit cards. I have used more than one browser, two different credit cards, updated addresses and have never needed to change browser, clear caches, go into incognito mode or leave apartment number blank. It always works regardless of what I do lol. Guess I am the lucky one.

DonnaD

Thank you for letting me know your experience also.  I have no managed to change the credit card on the account by just "amend credit card".  It was a pretty simple solution if it had only worked the first time.  Obviously a technical issue at someone's end so I guess it just takes patience.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

This reminds me of a similar issue I had while subscribed to Virgin Mobile after they were acquired by Bell. Before that, their self-serve account worked smoothly, never a problem changing or replacing payment methods. 

Then one day, when trying to update a credit card, it got rejected repeatedly.

In the end, had to call Customer service to get it registered.

A mastercard from Canadian bank should work.

Yes, I understand you will try it later , let see how it goes.

Worst case, you can open a ticket with PM and confirm if it is a system issue or if it is a card issue.

DonnaD

Thank you again for your quick response, however, I will try on my own a bit later.  I'v spent the better part of the morning trying to do this, so I will hopefully get it solved when I try again or call.

DonnaD

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will maybe try from my cell phone later today.  It's just frustrating that I'd have to play around with browsers and incognito mode to perform such a simple task.  I've never had this issue anywhere else and actually just changed the cc info. on another account with no issues.  I will however, try what you suggest a bit later.

@DonnaD wrote:

I've waited 1/2 hr. tried again and get same error message, that the card was declined by the issuer.  It suggests I contact the bank for more information.  Unfortunately I don't have time today to sit on hold for +40 min for a solution.  I will perhaps try later in the day to change the card again.

@DonnaD 

If you have not had issues with that card elsewhere, then it is likely not your card.

Submit a ticket with CSA and see if they can get things going for you. Their hours of operation is open now, and hopefully response time is quick.

DonnaD

I've waited 1/2 hr. tried again and get same error message, that the card was declined by the issuer.  It suggests I contact the bank for more information.  Unfortunately I don't have time today to sit on hold for +40 min for a solution.  I will perhaps try later in the day to change the card again.

DonnaD

It's a canadian mastercard.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DonnaD   So, you have a card there but you want to change to another card and failed?  what kind of that "other' card is that?  Is this a Canadian credit card?  What exactly is that?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD wrote:

I went through responses to this question and tried everything, the solution was not forthcoming.  I went to the payment page, had the option of "remove credit card" and "update/amend credit card".  I put in all the new credit card information and I get an error saying card was denied by issuer????? I give up, I'll keep the card I have there now.  I just wanted to change cards, to take advantage of points on an alternate card.

@DonnaD 

Register A Credit Card Or Visa Debit Card

In order to pay for your services online, you will be required to register a credit card or a Visa Debit card. If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. 

Try again in an 1/2 hour, and see if it works then.

If still issues, contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team to see if they can help, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD Which option did you try. I have amended CC info with "update" and completely replaced a card using "remove" (and then replaced), both times with no issues.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried another browser? Incognito mode?

Also, to be sure you've entered all personal info correctly, open the Profile page of your new CC and double check everything.

Need Help? Let's chat.