Did you mean: 

Change billing credit card

Darryl9136
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to change billing credit card

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VMW : Indeed. And what would be better still would be to view/edit the details rather than having to re-enter everything.

@VMW 

It is...right in the middle in teeny tiny letters below the credit card box.

Screenshot_20210720-130358~2.png

VMW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would be so helpful if the “manage my credit card” was on the same page as the payments.  I’m looking at my credit card information and trying to find a way to change it.  Would have saved me a load of time. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thejokeisonme wrote:

@RosieRhas given the best instructions. I was looking to do the same thing. I tried removing auto-pay and attempted to re-add it, but the cache remembered my old payment information. I found another way to do this myself (the same as RosieR's suggestion), which was admittedly hard to find and doesn't stand out on the Payment tab.

It would be helpful if the "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card" stood out more (e.g., have it's own button underneath the other options on the Payment tab).

I gave my feed back to PM technical staff to make the "Manage my card" link to stand out more.  They are updating the self-serve portal as we speak after they released the updated activation portal recently.

@thejokeisonme wrote:

@RosieRhas given the best instructions. I was looking to do the same thing. I tried removing auto-pay and attempted to re-add it, but the cache remembered my old payment information. I found another way to do this myself (the same as RosieR's suggestion), which was admittedly hard to find and doesn't stand out on the Payment tab.

It would be helpful if the "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card" stood out more (e.g., have it's own button underneath the other options on the Payment tab).

Hi @thejokeisonme thank you.  I'm glad to hear that my post had helped you solved your payment issue too.  That is a good suggestion and I hope PM takes it under consideration.

Have a nice weekend

RosieR

thejokeisonme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Darryl9136 wrote:

EDITED as solution already accepted

@Darryl9136 

Use this as a guide to change your credit card successfully....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others have stated above. I've had issues adding Amex though, so if that happens, you need to send a message to the moderators for them to do some backend magic for it to go through. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Darryl9136 wrote:

Login to your self-serve account.

Select the Payment page.

Select the "Manage my card" link at the bottom of payment page.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Darryl9136 , you can make the change in your self serve account.  Select the manage payment option. 

Need Help? Let's chat.