cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant top up account, need phone for work

Telwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I sent a private message to a MOD without a reply.

I have now purchased 4 seperate vouchers $40.00 worth and every time i enter the pin i get an error saying the voucher is not valid.

I'm a brand new customer so this is not setting a good example for a promising future with this service. Need assistance like 3 days ago.

12 REPLIES 12

@VirginNo  this thread is from 2018.

VirginNo

Seems like they deactivate your account after awhile. You have to create a new account with all the same info and it worked!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Telwood you need an active account to port.

I tipped topped up with a credit card to activate account. And will have a 100$ credit once things are said and done 

I have had success with recharge.com so I would go that route, and buy smaller denomination voucher till you are topped up and active.

Not sure I would take the Koodo offer as not sure what will happen to the money you put towards vouchers.

Telwood

5-10 Days! that is totally unacceptable. I need my phone 3 days ago.

Im sorry for you. Looks like i may take Koodo up on there offer of 10G for $40.00.

mimmo

@Telwood I think you will need to take things into your own hand.   This is the reply I justed received from mods about my 100 voucher that didn't work.

After accessing your account, I was able to send this issue to our technical department for a resolution REF#IN0000xxxxxxx

Once resolved (5 to 10 business days), we will credit you 100$ + an extra amount for the disagreement

Telwood

Yes that is an option i guess. However im now out $40.00 in vouchers.

Ive been advised that sometimes the vouchers do not post to the system until 24 hours or so after purchase.

Well 2 vouchers are now 48+ hours and the others are quickly approaching the 24 hour mark. 

Telwood

This is the second batch of vouchers i have purchased from seperate vendors.

I have tried *611, logging in from my phones browser, chrome browser, incognito mode. Nothing.

Just getting the same error Unfortunately, Voucher #7058######## could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

mimmo

I had a similar issue 2 days ago.  Bought 2 vouchers from 7-11 one worked the other $100 value didn't.  Messaged the mods but am in queue 5 hours will be my 48 hour mark. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time I had to  take things into my own hands and topped up with a credit card. It's a friend's number and really didnt want them to owe me 100$ but he needed an active account so... We did whY we needed to do.

If you have a PayPal account you could try buying a voucher from recharge.com.

Or if you have a credit card top up with that.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Telwood wrote:

Hi,

I sent a private message to a MOD without a reply.

I have now purchased 4 seperate vouchers $40.00 worth and every time i enter the pin i get an error saying the voucher is not valid.

I'm a brand new customer so this is not setting a good example for a promising future with this service. Need assistance like 3 days ago.

Check your receipt. Does it say "Public Mobile"? Is there anything wrong in the store end? Did you try both online and *611?

Telwood

Ive tried the *611 as well to no avail.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Telwood, although I have not experienced this myself, some customers have reported that vouchers do not activate immediately.  So, you need to wait a bit before it can be used. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A couple things you can try:

1. Dial *611 on your phone, and try entering the voucher that way.

2. Try again online, but use a different browser and also incognito mode.  That often fixes the problem.

Wait times for a Moderator response are 24-48hrs.

Need Help? Let's chat.