cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot top up using my payment voucher

MochViqhy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I bought payment voucher in the same place for a couple of months but this is the first time it doesn’t work I’ve tried both calling and website. Does anyone have solution?

16 REPLIES 16

@MochViqhy 

Did muskbirds give you a support ticket reference #? If you still cannot add it and pm confirmed it is valid then contact customer support and have a CSA add it for you. If they cannot add it and it has already been confirmed to be a valid voucher (this is where your reference # is handy) then pm will crecit your account the value of the voucher. It is very rare occurrence but I do remember at least one customer with a similar situation who was given an account credit.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow 

One other thought that came to me... a voucher is already prepaid, as opposed to the website that needs to take payment.  With the glitches we've seen, it may be just as well to use a voucher than rely on AutoPay (or even a manual top up for that matter!).  🙂

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MochViqhy 

As others have mentioned, it can take up to 24h for the voucher to activate.  If you haven't had a problem before then I'd expect it to work soon.  Calling 611 should work easily, but if not, maybe double check that you're dialing in all the voucher numbers correctly... sometimes it's easy to misread it.  If on a web browser, you can try clearing your cache/cookies/history or use Private/Incognito mode and try there.

Optionally, you can always open a ticket with Public Mobile staff - CS agent (chatbot via chat bubble, lower-right corner) if it doesn't fix itself.  I'm hoping you wouldn't need to do that but is always an option.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MochViqhy wrote:

It’s not 24 yet but I’ve talk with the muskbirds customer service and they issued a ticket to public mobile and public mobile said the voucher is valid

@MochViqhy 

can you do some troubleshoot for your device,

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and use a Browser from computer,is better

and close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

Spoiler

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and go sign in to Self-Serve, 
 click on the "Payment" tab,

then click "One-time payment". In the form that appears on the next page, click on "Payment voucher" as the payment method, enter the voucher code below, then click "Submit".

or try call *611

or  1 855 4PUBLIC

MochViqhy

It’s not 24 yet but I’ve talk with the muskbirds customer service and they issued a ticket to public mobile and public mobile said the voucher is valid

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MochViqhy : Could you post a screenshot of it? Obviously and please DO NOT show the voucher code. Blank it out. Does it show more than 1 12 digit set of numbers? Are you sure it works for this place? I've tried xoom before and it comes out as a Telus voucher even though I went through the menu for this place.

@MochViqhy wrote:

Hi,

i’ve tried both websites and the number but it still doesn’t work and i bought it from muskbirds this is the first time it’s doesn’t work like this.

@MochViqhy  again, is that over 24 hours since purchase?  did you check back to Muskbirds and maybe ask for an exchange?

MochViqhy

Hi,

i’ve tried both websites and the number but it still doesn’t work and i bought it from muskbirds this is the first time it’s doesn’t work like this.

@Meow 

I have referrals who have no idea how to log into their account. I do all the account management for them and they buy a voucher and add it thru 611.

London Drugs is the only retailer that allows you to earn and redeem with a pm voucher with their loyalty program that gives a 5% loyalty earn.

CCS sells discounted vouchers so it's worthwhile to save normally 10%(+no pst for non Ontario residents.)

If you have a higher cash back credit card (4%) for grocery or drugstore purchases it can be worth purchasing at those retailers.

Purchasing Canadian tire gift cards when discounted (usually buy $300 get an extra $25 gift card occasionally at SDM) is worthwhile to some customers.

There can be additional discounts sometimes at Shell and you earn air miles on purchases of pm vouchers either with a discounted shell gift card or cashback on linked credit cards.

@Meow wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Which retailer did you purchase it from?

What will be the main benefit of using voucher vs. adding funds through web site?

I wish my local grocery stores would sell some (cash back 😎) but they do not.

agree.. i don't use voucher myself , too

but some people might not have credit card.  Useful for young kids who do not have one, or new immigrants

Of course, there are people who have friends in AB to supply vouchers with cheaper tax!!  LoL

and also husband who needs a 2nd line and don't want the transaction being tracked by the wife.  🤣

@darlicious wrote:

Which retailer did you purchase it from?

What will be the main benefit of using voucher vs. adding funds through web site?

I wish my local grocery stores would sell some (cash back 😎) but they do not.

@MochViqhy 

Did you previously wait a few hours before adding it? Which retailer did you purchase it from? Did you possibly make an error twice in a row? You will get an error message after two attempts to add payment. Wait one hour and try adding it via 611 using the 12 digit pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MochViqhy 

after 48hr if is still not wroking you need to  Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@MochViqhy   Where you got the voucher from?  Vouchers from some retails might take as many as 24 hours to become active.  If you are not rush, maybe wait the full 24 hours before trying again.

If already 24 hours, maybe go back to the retail and ask for an exchange.

You can also open a ticket with PM if you already wait 24 hours 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MochViqhy 

call 1 855 4PUBLIC and put it

or sign in to Self-Serve, 
Click on the Payment tab.
You will usually find it at the top or bottom of the receipt. To top up your account with a voucher, log into your Self Serve account, click on the "Payment" tab, then click "One-time payment". In the form that appears on the next page, click on "Payment voucher" as the payment method, enter the voucher code below, then click "Submit".

* some vouchers take 24 hours to activate.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MochViqhy wrote:

Hi,

I bought payment voucher in the same place for a couple of months but this is the first time it doesn’t work I’ve tried both calling and website. Does anyone have solution?

@MochViqhy 

Some of these vouchers take a couple of hours to 'activate'.

How long has it been since you purchased?

Try using the different set of numbers on the voucher (there may be a "PIN" and a "voucher" set of numbers...)

(EDIT:   also, try using incognito mode if a prior attempt failed online. )

Need Help? Let's chat.