cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

nancybartolini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on autopay every three months and today my payment came out as usual but cannot make or receive calls or texts.

17 REPLIES 17

@Hpatel_17  Sounds like a network congestion problem in your area. Best to submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Hpatel_17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recording says "2UV2 ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY". Phone reboot, sim reinserted, account status active, no payment dues, $25 plan with talk and 1 gb data. On the plan for almost 2 years.

What plan do you have and what is the status ?

Try rebooting your phone.

Hpatel_17

I can't make or receive call.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@stevenhayward wrote:

Someone mentioned this to me in a previous post, but to avoid any potential issues with AutoPay, I was advised to just pay the amount that is due each month, but keep my credit card information connected to my account to maintain the monthly reward credits.

Sort of defeats the purpose of having AutoPay set up, but this seems to be a reoccurring issue for a lot of people. Anything that works to prevent not having service I suppose.

Good advise @stevenhayward . To avoid the occasional autopay glitches...manually load your plan costs to Available Funds a few days before your next renewal. That seems to make the renewal process happy.

It's a bit inconvenient but I haven't had renewal issues since I've adopted this approach...(touch wood) !

So, if you are on a $15 plan and have a $2 credit.  You add $15 to cover the payment (15+ tax) each month from the credit card on the autopay?

@stevenhayward wrote:

Someone mentioned this to me in a previous post, but to avoid any potential issues with AutoPay, I was advised to just pay the amount that is due each month, but keep my credit card information connected to my account to maintain the monthly reward credits.

Sort of defeats the purpose of having AutoPay set up, but this seems to be a reoccurring issue for a lot of people. Anything that works to prevent not having service I suppose.

Good advise @stevenhayward . To avoid the occasional autopay glitches...manually load your plan costs to Available Funds a few days before your next renewal. That seems to make the renewal process happy.

It's a bit inconvenient but I haven't had renewal issues since I've adopted this approach...(touch wood) !

stevenhayward

@daveo wrote:

I'm having the same issue, account auto payed today and I can't make or receive calls. When I try to make a call it says I can't as I don't have a long distance plan and I'm calling a number in my province. Data works fine.

Ignore that message...try adding 1 ahead of area code. You won't be billed for any long distance charges.

When you log into My Account, does it show Active or something else ?

Cycle phone off / on.

Try adding $1 to your account.

daveo

I'm having the same issue, account auto payed today and I can't make or receive calls. When I try to make a call it says I can't as I don't have a long distance plan and I'm calling a number in my province. Data works fine.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nancybartolini wrote:

I'm on autopay every three months and today my payment came out as usual but cannot make or receive calls or texts.

@nancybartolini  Dial 611 from yor phone. If your account is suspended then AutoPay did not work. You will have to access selfserve hit the reactivate button and make a onetime manual payment to re-activate your account.

You can also submit a ticket to notify PM of the problem by doing the following:

stpm-new.png

Cathy2

Go to the envelope in the top right corner on this page and send a private message to Moderator_Team. They should be able to take a look at your account. Might have to wait, but at least something will get resolved.

pmusernamehere

I also cannot make calls on two lines

Try the same as suggested to @nancybartolini . Try adding $1 to your account. If nothing helps, click the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact human", then click "contaact moderators".

Good luck.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nancybartolini  Are you connected to the network? What happens when you try to make a call, does it play a recorded message? What about sms, mms, data? What does self-serve overview say? Account active, suspended, etc?

Cathy2

I'm having the same issue. My plan also renewed today.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling phone off / on. Let us know.

Alternative is to add $1 to your account. Sometimes that's all it takes to get it going again for some reason.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.