cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling autopay after payment has been made

sp17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I did not realize that my account was still on auto-pay until today when a payment was made with my credit card. I just ordered a Koodo sim yesterday to take advantage of the latest migration offer, and I was planning on waiting for my sim to come and miss out on a few days of cell service rather than starting a new cycle with Public Mobile and wasting my money. I have had issues in the past with auto-pay due to which I had to manually make a payment or two, so I did not realize that auto-pay was set up on my account. My new cycle starts today and I have not used any data or made any phone calls. I was hoping you would be able to refund my payment and cancel my account with Public Mobile so that I may switch to Koodo. 

3 REPLIES 3

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sp17 In order to port in your number to Koodo, your PM account must be active. So either way you would have to pay for the new cycle. Best option for you to have your plan change to $10 one just to keep it active until your koodo sim arrives. The Moderator Team might be able to give you either some credits or refund on your cc. To do that, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get in touch with you shortly.

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure validation link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sp17

Since you order your Koodo SIM yesterday, it may take a week for your Koodo SIM card to arrive.  You need a active SIM card to port your number to Koodo.  Koodo may also check your PM number before sending your a Koodo SIM.  Therefore, you need to keep your PM account alive anyway to complete the migration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sp17, If you reach out to the moderator team (via private message), they might be able to do something for you.  However, it is important to note that if you need to port your number over to Koodo, your number MUST be active at the time of porting.  So, even if you have no need for your full plan, your number must remain active.  You could switch to the 10$ plan, perhaps.  That said, now that your previous plan has been renewed, do not switch to the $10 plan yourself.  If you do, you will be charged again.  Ask the moderators if they can take care of this for you, and perhaps you might be able to get a refund of the difference (solely as a good will gesture).

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

BTW, refunds (when they are issued) usually take several weeks to be processed and issued.

Need Help? Let's chat.