cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Public Mobile Service mid-payment period, would PM refund me for unused portion of month?

slowjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for any answers, as an aside, I have never experienced worse customer service in my entire 43 years of life on this Earth, I would share if I didn't think that I would be preaching to the (incensed and) converted.

May God have mercy on Public Mobile, but even he can't do this type of miracle.

19 REPLIES 19

Sounds like a big misunderstanding on many fronts. I didn't see any mention of picking up the 2Gb of free data and the 500 minutes of international calling which is a loyalty thing here though the OP seems to be one of the many who has expectations that all new customer deals should be given to all existing customers for their loyalty. It just doesn’t work that way. Pm used to have a New Customer promo at least once a month. Does that mean all existing customers would be getting permanent New Customer promos? 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous  haha you made me chuckle good one 😂.

@slowjammer  I forgot to mention. If you're really moving on to Fizz.

Download the Couche Tard App. Then you can get a free Fizz sim card at a Couche tard.

Screenshot_20201211_151451.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : Seems he Fizz'led out.

@slowjammer  Sorry I'm late to the party lol. I also haven't read this entire thread just browsed through it.

You're in Quebec (I am to) and you're on the $28 plan. Which is actually the $35 plan minus a $5 Quebec discount minus $2 auto-pay.

This is what you can do (not sure why mods didn't or someone here didn't mention).

If you log into your account and click "Change Plan".

Then select the $35 plan.

now very important. Select "Change at next renewal".

You will see the below pop up on your screen. ( You should at least  as one person on French forums on the $28 plan confirmed it shows the new 2.5 gigs for 28 after doing change at next renewal after I suggested it to them to try this way)

Screenshot_20201211_145431.jpg

So if you select change at next renewal the $35 plan.

You should see the 2.5 gigs total (2gigs plus 500 mb bonus) you should also see the $5 discount making it $30. Then your auto-pay reward for $2 makes the plan $28.

If you see that. Then click "Yes change my plan".. and at next payment due date. Your plan will switch from the old $28 2 gig plan to the new 2.5 gig plan.

Then problem is solved and you will stay with the wonderful Public Mobile community 🙂

Let us know if you see it after following my above instructions.

Au revoir,

JB

Hi @slowjammer 

No doubt, you have reason to be frustrated.  I AGREE.  The thing about frustration, is that it's difficult to convey through written word without being viewed as unhinged.  With telephone customer service, at least the agent can get a sense of a person being frustrated who is genuinely upset with a feeling of helplessness - it gives the agent that extra drive to do more to help that customer.

Heck, I'm paying for a plan with another provider who is also giving other newer customers better deals than what I got last December.  It's the game - we're all in it.  I accept that given the competition that comes with mobile service suppliers and the insatiable appetitive for MORE DATA.   I'll be switching over to Public Mobile when my phone payout becomes negligible.

You know what, give @Catherine_T an opportunity to review your concerns.  If anything, to see if there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can't say I've ever needed a level of assistance above Moderator assistance, but I can say that if the more experienced users (Oracles/Mayors) on this forum recommend contacting her, give it a shot.

@slowjammer wrote:

Look, I have gone 'ballistics' in your view and you are entitled to that view.

The point is not the wallet, the point is our different definitions of what Loyalty means.

I came to PM because I thought they meant it, but when I discovered not from THEM, but by just browing their site that they were offering new guys better rate, I felt that PM and I had way different visions of what loyalty meant...

What is the point of getting $1 per year to thank you if each year new clients get a WAY better deal than you? Can you explain?

And who is going to compensate me for the hours I have to spend on this platform just to get the SAME deal as NEW clients...? I have better things to do than to continuously check whether PM understands the standard Merriam-Webster definition of Loyalty...

This is particularly galling because at least the other operators don't even bother mentioning it, you know what you are getting... I would say this approach is 10x worse... Claim to value and reward loyalty only to backstab you when you are not looking....

So I ask again what does loyalty mean? that incumbent current clients need to pay MORE than new ones?

It does appear you have an issue and you are frustrated with the better offers being given.  I would be ticked off too. But you might want to be a little more diplomatic. I get pissed off too and I type my exact feelings just to vent and record all my issues....then I go back and clean it up. Trust me I would feel same and expect same. I don’t understand why the rates are different for Quebec......but I guess the Quebec government has their reasons to protect the consumer. Just relax.....cool off.....be reassured that there will be some type of resolution for you. They have always been fair with me. Don’t expect an immediate resolution.....it may take a few days. Contact a mod.....communicate over the in house mail option.....keep records. It is actually less hassle than waiting on the phone for an hour for some one to answer and talk to a warm fuzzy and wait on phone some more to have it escalated. THEY WILL HELP YOU AND WILL RESPOND. Make sure you provide as much information as possible including screen shots if necessary. More than one mod may help to resolve. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slowjammer : You're again showing some lack of awareness. The loyalty reward here is not a dollar per year in that way. It's a dollar per "month" each renewal after a year. Then after two years that becomes $2 per "month". On up to $5 for 5 years.

As for plans for new or existing customers...how many service providers of anything give all the same promos and discounts to existing customers?

I'll give you this one...the Quebec confusion here. It's supposed to be for existing customers as well. But mixed internal messaging messed that up. The marketing department here leaves much to be desired.

But you still need to go get it. Much like the gifts.

Betcha Fizz whatsits gives diddly to their customers on occasion. But I don't live in Quebec so haven't looked. Nor with rewards. Unlike here. But I haven't looked at Fizz.

You're right...ballistic was silly.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slowjammer wrote:

The point is not the wallet, the point is our different definitions of what Loyalty means.

I came to PM because I thought they meant it, but when I discovered not from THEM, but by just browing their site that they were offering new guys better rate, I felt that PM and I had way different visions of what loyalty meant...

What is the point of getting $1 per year to thank you if each year new clients get a WAY better deal than you? Can you explain?

And who is going to compensate me for the hours I have to spend on this platform just to get the SAME deal as NEW clients...? I have better things to do than to continuously check whether PM understands the standard Merriam-Webster definition of Loyalty...

This is particularly galling because at least the other operators don't even bother mentioning it, you know what you are getting... I would say this approach is 10x worse... Claim to value and reward loyalty only to backstab you when you are not looking....

So I ask again what does loyalty mean? that incumbent current clients need to pay MORE than new ones?

@slowjammer  I thought you were gone? hope you enjoy the online customer service there 😊 and may your pastures be greener over there also lol

slowjammer

slowjammer

Look, and I am really sorry but I have wasted enough time on PM, I hear you that she could potentially do something but at this point, I have zero interest in lifting a finger to get that... if SHE wants to PM-me, she is free to do so... she is a product manager after all, she should know all about this, if my posts are not sufficient to draw PM's attention to a problem here, well.... so be it.... like I said, you realize that I will be SAVING money by going to Fizz...? so it's an annoyance that will actually pay for itself... 

I almost have to THANK PM for giving me the opportunity to find out about Fizz' deal, I never would have if they had treated me like any random NEW client...

ok, enough time wasted, gonzo, good luck guys, may you all somehow benefit from my experience

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. The whole Quebec thing here has been a mess. But it has been clarified by the boss-lady that existing customers can get those plans at those rates.

So since it has been a mess you just need to be persistent. If you had asked here you would have learned this. Instead you've gone ballistic.

But you're gone now. Someone else here says something like be loyal to your wallet and needs. if you've found that elsewhere then that's what works for you.

@Catherine_T : your whole Quebec mess has lost a customer.

@slowjammer 

Hi, before considering leaving PM. Private message @Catherine_T  to see if she can assist you. She is a Public Mobile product manager.

slowjammer

Ok seems you guys have ideas about my role in this debacle

Here is the situation tell me what you would have done differently, since you guys are soooo smart.

1- I have 2GB for $28 per month
2- Black Friday comes and new clients get 2.5GB for $28 per month, i.e. same price as me for more (keep in mind I have been client for about 6mths, primarily in the hope that PM is different and rewards loyalty)
3- I reach out to them to tell them what is the point of loyalty if you won’t give me at least what NEW clients get, i.e. 2.5GB instead of 2GB
4- They agree and tell me yes indeed you are now getting 2.5GB for $28 per month
5- 10days after my billing cycle, I discover they are now charging me $33 per month for 2.5GB, while NEW clients get the same for $28
6- I have to go through loops and bounds, simply to PROVE to them they made a mistake
7- Now keep in mind I still have ZERO proof they changed the plan to give me what any NEW client gets
8- And they have yet to refund me the extra $5+tax they charged me this month
9- Obviously, to get any response here, I have to wait eons… and they are FAR FAR from apologetic

So I ask you guys what could I have done differently to deserve better service if I had done things the smart way like you?

Well I will tell you what I did, I discovered that Fizz Mobile has a WAY WAY WAY better offer for my requirements, so yes there indeed has been a silver lining in all of this.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@slowjammer wrote:

Thanks for any answers, as an aside, I have never experienced worse customer service in my entire 43 years of life on this Earth, I would share if I didn't think that I would be preaching to the (incensed and) converted.

Worst? Or most not understood, by you? I am close to double your age and think PM is fantastic. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slowjammer wrote:

I don't think ANY prepaid provider would pro-rate partial months.

I've not had any problems on the very few occasions I've needed the mods to do something.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@slowjammer , sorry to hear that things did not work out for you.  Public Mobile is very different compared to other carrier brands for customer service.  Not trying to make any excuses here, but knowing what you are getting into is key to how you rate the service.  Not every service is a perfect fit for every customer.  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slowjammer wrote:

@slowjammer  there is great customer service here unfortunatly you didn't figure out how to use it  good bye and goodluck!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@slowjammer wrote:

@slowjammer  no refunds this is a prepaid service 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@slowjammer wrote:

This is prepaid so there are no refunds. Does not mean you cannot try. You would have to contact the moderator through the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner.

2C0E4BAA-4D6B-4B1B-9428-5D8DB9806448.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.