cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of my plan

HafsaYahya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The sales person who I got this mobile chip from told me if you don’t pay for 90 days your plan gets cancelled and then what haa as opens? I gave to pay 90 days due or not 

5 REPLIES 5

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HafsaYahya wrote:

The sales person who I got this mobile chip from told me if you don’t pay for 90 days your plan gets cancelled and then what haa as opens? I gave to pay 90 days due or not 

@HafsaYahya  If you don't make payment on or before your plan renewal date that is every 30 days then your services will stop working until you make payment. You have 90 days to make payment otherwise your account gets closed you will lose your number and if you want come back to Public Mobile you will need to activate again as a new client.

@HafsaYahya wrote:

I'm interpreting your question as asking if your account is suspended and if you need to pay for to the up to 90 days of suspension that you have went though. The answer to that would be no you don't. When you resume service of an account suspended, a new billing cycle starts on that date.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@HafsaYahya You only need to pay for 30 days at a time. If for some reason you don't pay, when your account comes up for renewal it will be suspended for non payment. You can leave it that way for up to 90 days, renewing it by making a payment at anytime. After 90 days, your account is closed, your phone number is gone and your sim card can no longer be used.

@computergeek541's interpretation below is one that I completely overlooked and reading now, seems to make the most sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HafsaYahya wrote:

It's a 90 day suspension of services by either lack of payment or self-suspend. Think of it as a grace period for holding your number and account. Past that then it's all gone.

It's not that you need to pay for 90 days up front if that's what you interpreted. You can. You just don't need to. You only need to pay for each 30 day plan each 30 days if you want to have phone service.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@HafsaYahya wrote:

If you do not pay within 90 days from your renewal date your account is closed automatically. You will have to buy a new SIM card to activate a new account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.