cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling my contract

Edith4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to cancel a phone contract that I have. The problem is that I dont have any access to an account to do so.

4 REPLIES 4

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can either contact Moderator team or cancel the card that has Public Mobiles auto billing attached to it and request for a new card. I think you can also call your bank to remove their auto billing

@Edith4 

If neither of the two suggestions work for you.....call 611 from your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit number. This will give you your basic account info and your renewal date.

The evening before renewal ( sometime before midnight eastern) put a hold on your card that is registered for autopay. The payment will fail and your account will be suspended after 6am eastern.

Remove the hold on your card after you lose services. 90 days later your account will automatically be cancelled and deactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edith4 : There are no "phone contracts" here. There are 30 day revolving service "contracts" when you agree to pre-pay each time. If you know your 4 digit PIN (that you might still have in your phone from 611) then you can use the 611 service to toggle autopay off.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Edith4 wrote:

I want to cancel a phone contract that I have. The problem is that I dont have any access to an account to do so.

There is no contract with Public Mobile. You can close your account by porting out to another provider.  If you are not porting out and you haven't created a self-serve account and have autopay set up you will need to create a self-serve account.  Once the account is created remove your auto-pay and let the plan expire.  After 90 days in suspension that account is closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.