cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account - Not Taking Payment

Makhan_Singh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a PM phone for almost 4 years, I am set up on a pre-paid plan where the total amount monthly is charged to my credit card. 

in Decemer 2019, my credit card was charged however, my phone was "suspended" for no payment and I could not make or recieve calls. I went to the local gas station and purchased a prepaid card to activate my phone again. It worked for a couple of days and the same thng happened again. 

In January 2020, my credit card was charged and my phone was disabled again. I followed the same process - I bought a prepaid card and it worked. 

At this point, I am sick and tired of this. I do not know my "Account Informormation" as I went to a local shop in Brampton, ON where someone created me an account and knows the email address and security answers affiliated with the account. I tried calling and visiting this local shop and it shut up. 

I have no information on what my account number is and no way to access any of my information to cancel my account. 

How do I solve this issue - I would like to cancel my account without going into collections and hindering my credit score. 

Please advise, 

M Singh

6 REPLIES 6

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Makhan_Singh  It does look like an expire credit card issue since they expire every 4-5 yers, and even if you haven't changed the card number with PM, it maybe intially taking the payment and then refunding (or not) because of the expiration?

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

So your same credit card from 4 years ago is still registered on the self-serve account (that was created for you at a local shop in Brampton ON).

PM is prepaid. When your credit card expires, PM will no longer be able to make charges to it.

Those two portions in bold kind of makes it SEEM like an expired card may be the issue. So, @Makhan_Singh  is the card in question expired, and without your account login info you can't update that card on PM? In any case, as others have said, you'll need to contact the Moderators to get this straightened out. Good luck.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Makhan_Singh It does sound as though your credit card has a problem and so your only option is to use vouchers. It's possible that your self serve account was never activated so try to do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/. I am sure the moderators will be able to assist if you cannot create the account. Just be prepared to answer some detailed questions about your account.

As far as your credit score is concern, letting your account lapse by not paying will have no impact because PM is a prepaid service.

• If you make no further payments your account will be fully deleted 90 days after the next payment is due.
  • You could also close your account by transferring your phone number to a different carrier

I suggest you look at PM's current plans, https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans, with the knowledge that you would be elligible immediately for approximately $6/30 days in rewards. The members here would be pleased to support you in preserving your service with Public Mobile and making a transition to this way of getting help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@LovesToPM wrote:

So your same credit card from 4 years ago is still registered on the self-serve account (that was created for you at a local shop in Brampton ON).

PM is prepaid. When your credit card expires, PM will no longer be able to make charges to it.

Those two portions in bold kind of makes it SEEM like an expired card may be the issue. So, @Makhan_Singh  is the card in question expired, and without your account login info you can't update that card on PM? In any case, as others have said, you'll need to contact the Moderators to get this straightened out. Good luck.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Makhan_Singh wrote:

I have a PM phone for almost 4 years, I am set up on a pre-paid plan where the total amount monthly is charged to my credit card. 

in Decemer 2019, my credit card was charged however, my phone was "suspended" for no payment and I could not make or recieve calls. I went to the local gas station and purchased a prepaid card to activate my phone again. It worked for a couple of days and the same thng happened again. 

In January 2020, my credit card was charged and my phone was disabled again. I followed the same process - I bought a prepaid card and it worked. 

At this point, I am sick and tired of this. I do not know my "Account Informormation" as I went to a local shop in Brampton, ON where someone created me an account and knows the email address and security answers affiliated with the account. I tried calling and visiting this local shop and it shut up. 

I have no information on what my account number is and no way to access any of my information to cancel my account. 

How do I solve this issue - I would like to cancel my account without going into collections and hindering my credit score. 

Please advise, 

M Singh

Would you care to elaborate on this prepaid card you speak of?

PM is prepaid. When your credit card expires, PM will no longer be able to make charges to it. Your credit score is in no way affected.

You can contact Moderators for help, but you will need to answer lot of questions to prove that you are the owner of this account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Makhan_Singh  - At this point, your only option would be to contact the moderator team and ask them to help you set up your account, AND to resolve the billing issues you are having.

Click on Get Help at the top of the page, and the click on Chat with SIMon.  Enter a question describing your problem...  something like acount suspended, etc.  Follow the prompts untill it offers to create a ticket.  Follow through with that, and the moderators will get in touch with you (via private message).  They should be able to get your problems resolved.  Be sure to indicate that your account was suspended, een though payment was taken.  You should be compensated for missing days, etc.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you don't know your login information, you'll have to contact @CS_Agent .

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:
simon.PNG
Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data).
Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png
@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.
Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.
privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.