cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: Canadian Cellular YO-YO pricing.

Hey CCS, do you need a new string for your Yo Yo? Last week 1.89, then back to 5 then this morning 4.5 and this evening back to 5. Jeepers!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

I finally recieved my liimit of two sim cards today.....that I ordered on January 8th! Not that CCS is responsible for the lag in shipping. They were sent out on Monday January 11th. This does show how seriously backed up Canada post is if a normal 3 to 5 business day delivery turns into 12 business days (18 regular days.)

My friend is awaiting his new health card ( 5 - 21 days) he hit 21 days on monday. Still no card. One month before we both applied for new health cards and I.D. His health card was held til he reapplied. We both recieved our I.D. and I my health card in 3 business days. This month three weeks and counting..... 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I finally recieved my liimit of two sim cards today.....that I ordered on January 8th! Not that CCS is responsible for the lag in shipping. They were sent out on Monday January 11th. This does show how seriously backed up Canada post is if a normal 3 to 5 business day delivery turns into 12 business days (18 regular days.)

My friend is awaiting his new health card ( 5 - 21 days) he hit 21 days on monday. Still no card. One month before we both applied for new health cards and I.D. His health card was held til he reapplied. We both recieved our I.D. and I my health card in 3 business days. This month three weeks and counting..... 

Shipping delays are going to get worse. The main Toronto region mail plant in Mississauga shut down a shift because of COVID-19.  If people think 2 to 3 weeks for a sim is bad, they haven't seen anything yet. CCS uses Canada Post so expect major delays.  Public usually uses Canada Post too.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I see a Public Mobile is back to $10. 

Also they are offering a lot of activations for different carriers. AND a free SIM card if you activate on their site. BUT you have to have a SIM card first. Hmm I'm confused. Oh well it is the amateur marketing manager not thinking the process out. But here is the hilarious thing. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 8.12.51 PM.png

Does this mean if I do 1 activation with say, with Public Mobile that I can order as many SIM cards as I would like??? Or does the amateur mean you can activate as many times as you like and receive one SIM per activation???😂

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

OMG...down to $5 today. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I wonder what CCS is up to?  All "other" prepaid SIMS are 49 cents but PM are holding at $4.99. A constant price which is ok...but, is it not a time to put them on true sale price for a week or so??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Thats because they are offering it free with activation or a $5 refund. If all other perpaid sims are $0.49 then its time to pick up a few freedom ones for either resale or to have for those devices with greyed out APN settings.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Great.....when will the PM Activation program be over? I would like tp see a 49 cent PM SIM card....I can’t wait for that!  Or even a 2 lot for 3.99 and be allowed to buy 2, 2 lots per month. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk...

they occasionally offer the PM sim cards for $1.99...but they run outta supply quickly at the price point. Last time at that price, I could only order 2.

When you see 'em...order 'em while they're avaialble.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@LurganIeUk...

they occasionally offer the PM sim cards for $1.99...but they run outta supply quickly at the price point. Last time at that price, I could only order 2.

I think we are thinking same. Need to see a sale before we buy! I do believe CCS makes a commission as well once it gets activated.  I am wondering if Budget Electronics would give a better price for a large lot.....then break down from there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.