Canadian Cellular YO-YO pricing.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Last week 1.99

Now 5.99

Has been 3.99

Has been 10.00 supposedly only when out of stock 

I just don’t get it!

Yes, free delivery and quickly processed. 

Some one mentioned why PM is slow to supply because jokingly some suggested that PM buys from CCS. 

But today I find CCS has a huge supply of 5,000 and appears to me that you can order only 2 at a time...but how many orders can you do and for free delivery? Same price as online with a limit and they have to pay eBay and PayPal for listing and selling. So what’s up with the inconsistency??

ps. Also just found that an eBay seller can set limits and can prevent you from buying again in a 10 day period. 

CE6CBD12-D010-4300-A653-6C6E11B1E9F3.jpeg

FA5BAEBE-E8BD-4571-800D-3C5B32D76BE3.jpeg

87 REPLIES 87

@CountyDownIeUk 

There not the same sim cards!  They say so right on their website and apologize about that fact.

@CountyDownIeUk...I can personally vouch for CCS as well. I did buy their PM sims when they offered them for $1. I find you have go to their site 2 or 3 times daily to keep up with their pricing. It's a bit time-consuming...but i do think they're an honourable company. That's just my opinion based on my past experience with 'em.

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

I disagree. CCS does make you stay on your toes as far as savings go.....their bundle activation sim cards are specific to those savings plans. They are not interchangeable with regular pm sim cards.

Note:

CCS currently has a 3rd month free credit pm promotional flash sale available until November 3rd.

You missed my point. He is out of stock for SIM only but has them for his packages...same SIM. It's predictable .... goes out of stock  then the price changes. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

I disagree. CCS does make you stay on your toes as far as savings go.....their bundle activation sim cards are specific to those savings plans. They are not interchangeable with regular pm sim cards.

Note:

CCS currently has a 3rd month free credit pm promotional flash sale available until November 3rd.

Bad marketing.....almost dishonest. Never the less not trustworthy. 

@LurganIeUk 

To get their best prices, you pretty much have to go on to their website daily and not just wait for their email reminders.

They're making you work for best deals! 

They're also telling you to suck it up.  lol

Here we go again. Yo yo marketing is at it again. 

Goes out out of stock of PM SIM cards only. 

But still has them for their package deals.

Then back up for sale for a $1 more. 

Don’t forget to shop across the street from their shop or Amazon.  

Well I see in checking CCS that they have a sale on PM SIM cards for $3. Better than $5 but not a good as what I have seen in the past. BUT someone tried to explain why, they are  not on sale any more, was because of the conflict of their new program of selling activations with a free SIM card. I assume putting a PM SIM card only on sale would affect the other side of their activation business. But any customer should see the value in one or the other and a customer buying a SIM is a different than the one taking the Activation option.

But what gets me is this:

ONLY SIM Card Orders Can not be used for SIM Activation Offer which means you need to activate

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 3.37.40 PM.png

So misleading due to lack of good sentence structure and punctuation. And that alone could lose potential sales!!!  CCS .... don't you get it???

Assuming this is CCS meant??

SIM card sale prices are for the purchase of  SIM card ONLY. 

SIM cards on sale cannot be used for SIM Activation Offers on the CCS Website. 

And leave this confusing part out!!

which means you need to activate

@hairbag1 wrote:

@LurganIeUk...

they occasionally offer the PM sim cards for $1.99...but they run outta supply quickly at the price point. Last time at that price, I could only order 2.

I think we are thinking same. Need to see a sale before we buy! I do believe CCS makes a commission as well once it gets activated.  I am wondering if Budget Electronics would give a better price for a large lot.....then break down from there. 

@LurganIeUk...

they occasionally offer the PM sim cards for $1.99...but they run outta supply quickly at the price point. Last time at that price, I could only order 2.

When you see 'em...order 'em while they're avaialble.

Great.....when will the PM Activation program be over? I would like tp see a 49 cent PM SIM card....I can’t wait for that!  Or even a 2 lot for 3.99 and be allowed to buy 2, 2 lots per month. 

@LurganIeUk 

Thats because they are offering it free with activation or a $5 refund. If all other perpaid sims are $0.49 then its time to pick up a few freedom ones for either resale or to have for those devices with greyed out APN settings.

I wonder what CCS is up to?  All "other" prepaid SIMS are 49 cents but PM are holding at $4.99. A constant price which is ok...but, is it not a time to put them on true sale price for a week or so??

OMG...down to $5 today. 

I see a Public Mobile is back to $10. 

Also they are offering a lot of activations for different carriers. AND a free SIM card if you activate on their site. BUT you have to have a SIM card first. Hmm I'm confused. Oh well it is the amateur marketing manager not thinking the process out. But here is the hilarious thing. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 8.12.51 PM.png

Does this mean if I do 1 activation with say, with Public Mobile that I can order as many SIM cards as I would like??? Or does the amateur mean you can activate as many times as you like and receive one SIM per activation???😂

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I finally recieved my liimit of two sim cards today.....that I ordered on January 8th! Not that CCS is responsible for the lag in shipping. They were sent out on Monday January 11th. This does show how seriously backed up Canada post is if a normal 3 to 5 business day delivery turns into 12 business days (18 regular days.)

My friend is awaiting his new health card ( 5 - 21 days) he hit 21 days on monday. Still no card. One month before we both applied for new health cards and I.D. His health card was held til he reapplied. We both recieved our I.D. and I my health card in 3 business days. This month three weeks and counting..... 

Shipping delays are going to get worse. The main Toronto region mail plant in Mississauga shut down a shift because of COVID-19.  If people think 2 to 3 weeks for a sim is bad, they haven't seen anything yet. CCS uses Canada Post so expect major delays.  Public usually uses Canada Post too.

@LurganIeUk 

I finally recieved my liimit of two sim cards today.....that I ordered on January 8th! Not that CCS is responsible for the lag in shipping. They were sent out on Monday January 11th. This does show how seriously backed up Canada post is if a normal 3 to 5 business day delivery turns into 12 business days (18 regular days.)

My friend is awaiting his new health card ( 5 - 21 days) he hit 21 days on monday. Still no card. One month before we both applied for new health cards and I.D. His health card was held til he reapplied. We both recieved our I.D. and I my health card in 3 business days. This month three weeks and counting..... 

Hey CCS, do you need a new string for your Yo Yo? Last week 1.89, then back to 5 then this morning 4.5 and this evening back to 5. Jeepers!!

BVokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Who's buying multiple SIM's?  Perhaps I don't understand what your concern is.....

I received mine free in store.

fyi

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Oh. Look at this. Just my opinion only. 

Monthly Limit on SIM Cards:

Only 2 SIM Cards of any brand are allowed in a Month and we may block your accounts if you will place multiple orders or create multiple accounts.

”May?” More loosy goosy!

Please contact us if you need bulk quantity $3 each for Bell, Virgin & Lucky SIM Cards & $5 each for Public, Chatr & Freedom SIM Cards.

CCS BULK PRICING EXCEEDS BUDGET ELECTRONICS! (Except Chatr) 

Bell $1.00, Virgin $1.00, Lucky $1.50

Public $4.50,  Chatr $5.50, Freedom they don’t supply.

You must pay online for retail / wholesale orders as Walk-in Cash Customer price is $10 each for any SIM Card. (No Quantity Limit)
Well that answers my question above! But leaves the uninformed walk in customer in a precarious position if they later find out they overpaid. Or is this just a CYA policy?

I should charge these guys a consulting fee. It seems my harsh but my very logical criticisms are creating policy updates🥴🥴

Old version policy “Order Limitations

Monthly Limit on SIM Cards & Limit on Top Up Vouchers:

Only 2 SIM Cards of any brand are allowed in a Month Only One discount code is for one time use only for each customer, please do not create duplicate accounts to buy more sim cards or vouchers with one discount code.

Your account will be blocked if we find multiple transactions in a month , multiple account with same email, name, phone, shipping or billing address, credit card, PayPal account or any other related info.”

Used to say “may”.

No more bulk purchase options?

The “will be blocked” is kind of harsh and no doubt if they do, it will end a relationship! Kind of funny....eBay can restrict  you up front from a second order and these guys can’t.  

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Heads up everyone.  PM SIM's now $1.99

Limit of 2 though.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

Time to stock up, especially with the Boxing Week Sale coming up 😉

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/boxingweek

Oh. Look at this. Just my opinion only. 

Monthly Limit on SIM Cards:

Only 2 SIM Cards of any brand are allowed in a Month and we may block your accounts if you will place multiple orders or create multiple accounts.

”May?” More loosy goosy!

Please contact us if you need bulk quantity $3 each for Bell, Virgin & Lucky SIM Cards & $5 each for Public, Chatr & Freedom SIM Cards.

CCS BULK PRICING EXCEEDS BUDGET ELECTRONICS! (Except Chatr) 

Bell $1.00, Virgin $1.00, Lucky $1.50

Public $4.50,  Chatr $5.50, Freedom they don’t supply.

You must pay online for retail / wholesale orders as Walk-in Cash Customer price is $10 each for any SIM Card. (No Quantity Limit)
Well that answers my question above! But leaves the uninformed walk in customer in a precarious position if they later find out they overpaid. Or is this just a CYA policy?

Just my opinion only. 

What’s up with these yahoos!! The amateurish marketing manager is at it again!. The other night they texted me of their current deal. 

The ONLY thing I signed up for, and gave them “my permission” to contact me of their “Special Saving Offers” was by the email address that I gave them. No doubt they also have my PayPal email address too! Then they force you to to supply a phone number as well, when you order. They have too much information about me!  And now it’s obvious why they want your phone number. 

And what makes it such an ignorant move is:

1. I did an order in December and according to their new shopping rules I can’t order until January. They should only target by EMAIL, if your are eligible to purchase and you signed up for email, assuming they have that all mechanized. 

2. Who has rules on how you can shop at their or any other store? 

3. Do they have rules for THEIR “WALK IN” customers?

Lesson learned:

1. Change my PayPal email. 

2. Never give my “real” phone number home or mobile number these guys. Ie. give them a Fongo number. 

Bottom line I think their new RULES and are hurting sales and they are looking for more sales from the ones that can’t support them till January. Duh! They should  have only targeted customers only that had an open to buy in December.  That would be called selective targeted advertising. They should consider who to pee off vs customers that they shouldn’t, ie. current buyers vs haven’t purchased for a long time  and can afford to lose. 

Yes, they deliver quick and have never missed a beat....but are loosy goosy on there policies that affect us all. 

@Korth wrote:

Same as before ... have to Subscribe before I can Unsubscribe.

Thanx for the tip, I hope it works after I submit this post.

For the newbies reading this post. You can subscribe 3 ways.

1. In your settings you can elect to automatically subscribe by replying to a post. 

2. Looking at a post and then clicking "Topic Options ",  then "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe"

3. And when you edit a reply using the 3 vertical dots there is also an option to "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Korth wrote:

How do I unsubscribe from this thread, stop getting notifications I don't want?

I've already tried Subscribe then Unsubscribe to each response in this thread. I've already tried nuking all mentions of this uninteresting yo-yo in my profile. Doesn't seem to work.

@Korth 

Way up just above the thread list click on Topic Options then Unsubscribe or some such thing.

If you're subscribe to threads, you can also see a list of you the subscriptions in the the notification and subscription settings in the community account settings. Click on the checkboxes and tell it to delete the subscriptiosn that you don't want.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Same as before ... have to Subscribe before I can Unsubscribe.

Thanx for the tip, I hope it works after I submit this post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

I've already tried Subscribe then Unsubscribe to each response in this thread. I've already tried nuking all mentions of this uninteresting yo-yo in my profile. Doesn't seem to work.

@Korth 

Way up just above the thread list click on Topic Options then Unsubscribe or some such thing.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk  heading says this.

Screenshot_20201122_193621.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.