Canadian Cellular YO-YO pricing.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Last week 1.99

Now 5.99

Has been 3.99

Has been 10.00 supposedly only when out of stock 

I just don’t get it!

Yes, free delivery and quickly processed. 

Some one mentioned why PM is slow to supply because jokingly some suggested that PM buys from CCS. 

But today I find CCS has a huge supply of 5,000 and appears to me that you can order only 2 at a time...but how many orders can you do and for free delivery? Same price as online with a limit and they have to pay eBay and PayPal for listing and selling. So what’s up with the inconsistency??

ps. Also just found that an eBay seller can set limits and can prevent you from buying again in a 10 day period. 

CE6CBD12-D010-4300-A653-6C6E11B1E9F3.jpeg

FA5BAEBE-E8BD-4571-800D-3C5B32D76BE3.jpeg

87 REPLIES 87

I probably did. But have a few and like 1.99😀

So you can buy 4 x 2pack?

@LurganIeUk  Did you get the black Friday email yesterday that you can also buy up to 4 sims per week?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just saw this. November 22 2020. $3.50 each. 

5C741EB1-7E97-4159-9211-BE2FF7AF1492.jpeg

My opinion is. 

If you have a policy then let it be:

A clearly written policy that any employee can execute and any customer can expect without hesitation.

Don’t let it be full of loopholes and give false hopes and add fluffy unsubstantiated statements. Some times the more you say, you gain a less in your reputation. 

If the latter is the case, which their written policy is, then clearly state you have no price matching at time of sale or after the sale. 

Or don’t have a policy and when called upon, make up some inconsistent gibberish that will just help you get more bad ratings. 

I don’t believe the fluctuating prices are due to supply and demand. Just like the big gas companies.....they process gas in a controlled method to create supply/demand pricing. The supply and demand is artificial. 

@LurganIeUk 

Actually "try" us an honest answer. Plenty of places offer price matching snd ive often been given many of an excuse for no they cannot according to the small print.....

Just yesterday i got visions electronics to match an insanely cheap price by the source but only in store because its sold out online.....but they will beat the price by 15% of the difference so do i go way out if my way to save $7.50 on a $24.99 item or do i walk (ride) 2 blocks to the mall for convenience?

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cell-phones/portable-battery-power/wireless-charging/c/scc-2-9-1?cate...

They have PRICE MATCH!!!!

Price Match

Usually No Price match will be required as our prices already lowest lowest prices in Canada "according to our knowledge" however if you still find a better price then please send us a link and "we will try" to match or beat the price.

All our orders are final and there will not be any price match or adjustment with our own prices as we change prices frequently according to supply and demand. 

Home Depot has a no questions asked....no hassle.....bring in an ad matching the item and they will price match AND give you another 10% off. And these guys will "try"?

ALSO THE PM DISCOUNT COUPON FOR A $3.99 SIM CARD IS OVER!!!

THE NEW PRICE

.....DRUM ROLL.....

$3.99

@LurganIeUk  likely to make it look like a big Black Friday sale that's upcoming in a few weeks when they drop the price. 😂

PM SIM card in stock. Was $4.99 and now $9.99. Wow that is surprising. 

@LurganIeUk 

Have you checked out the nameless special offers? Interesting prices  I'm wondering what the catch is.....even though they say there's no catch.

Well they are back from holidays!!!

SIMS now have prices. 

Public Mobile are $4.99 but across the street are $4.50. 

Web site quotes Oct 8 and all codes are outdated. 

@LurganIeUk  notifications are not working for many of us. Big delay. I made a thread about it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Forum-notifications-not-working/m-p/607005#...

Thanks. 

My notification for subscribed to topics is not working. ☹️

@LurganIeUk  they updated there site the other day. October 23rd now.

Screenshot_20201020_185159.jpg

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk 

Found that Odd as well. I sent a friend to to their website to get a SIM card and they didn't have any. They lucked out though and got one of the $5 ones from public mobile when they were on sale.

Is Canadian Cellular on vacation still? Or in quarantine?

@LurganIeUk yup they sure do weird stuff that is for sure lol. I'm not interested in calling them lol. I ordered twice from them and they delivered so I'm good till I need more sims.

@Jb456 wrote:

@LurganIeUk yes that is true and is weird. 

They have a number to one of their stores. Give them a call and see if you can find anything out. Let us know.

+1 289-937-2200

Lol......I don’t know what to say....I just find their business practices to be very amateurish with huge fluctuations in pricing and sudden no availability of any SIM. Therefore my trust value is not high. And if you watch their ticker tape, the PC protection is ONLY purchased by USA customers?? I am only an analyst🤔 but you can call if you like. 

@LurganIeUk yes that is true and is weird. 

Maybe something on their side. Like lost their bank account associated with the payment processors. So they took it down till they sort it out. I dont know 🤔

They have a number to one of their stores. Give them a call and see if you can find anything out. Let us know.

+1 289-937-2200

Yes I saw that. But find it very odd that all SIM cards can all be simultaneously out of stock. 

@LurganIeUk if you're talking about CCS look at the red banner.

Screenshot_20201009_124537.jpg

Why I it that this morning all their Sim Cards are full price and ALL are SOLD OUT?

Why I it that this morning all their Sim Cards are full price and ALL are SOLD OUT?

A buck fifty less here. 

1. 025CBC5D-C9A2-4DF5-B60B-7FDC9635C340.jpeg

I am not suggesting any crookedness or dishonesty. I am a firm supporter of both as neither has done me any wrong. I worked in the operations side for a major retailer. There were regulations in regards to pricing, sale price, and how often the same item was on sale in the year. I just find the fluctuating prices to be very frustrating and can leave  CCS customers with an uncomfortable feeling of being ripped off or taken advantage of. Sure anything less than $10 is nice but a consistent low price with the odd sale would make more sense in my opinion. And to pre notify existing customers ahead of time would be nice or to mail us a xx% off promo code with an expiration date. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Save $8, $4, $6, or $0 with this ebay vendor (depending on yo-yo)

... vs ...

pay a flat $10 directly to Public Mobile to get a SIM card directly from Public Mobile.

I'm not gonna accuse this particular vendor of being crooked. They're probably legit. Even overlooking the readable SIM ID numbers in their item photos, because we all know that's just a sample and not a careless oversight.

I'm just gonna say that I think saving a handful of loonies isn't worth "dramatically" increasing the risk of exposure to costly SIM swap/fraud. And there's a lot of that going around these days, it seems.

The little chip and secret number on your SIM card should be treated the same way as the little chip and secret number on your bank or credit card.

Would you ever buy a bank card from an ebay vendor? Is the idea more tempting if the bank card on ebay is a few bucks cheaper than the bank card issue fee charged by your bank?

Public Mobile can always be trusted to provide clean, secure, uncompromised, unseen, untouched, and untampered Public Mobile SIM cards.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LurganIeUk 

You have to get it while it's hot.

It's the same with PM plans.

Last year, we were able to get the $10 and $60 plans.

Earlier this month, we had the $30 plan.

Should we talk about the PM flash sales?

PM and CCS, it's like a match made in heaven lol. 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.