cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we order new SIM using Balance / Available funds in PublicMobile account

raknahss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to order a new SIM using Balance / Available funds in PublicMobile account ?
If yes, how ?
In no, why ?

5 REPLIES 5

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@raknahss "if not, why?" I think the simplest answer here is that the SIM cards are sold out of a totally different system not connected to the self-serve accounts. 

Yet another nice to have option, that would absolutely make sense, but should not be made available until other issues are resolved first.

@stonechucker@srlawrenThis would be a neat option to cash out your remaining balance (closest to $10+tax).

I always see them using cigarettes as currency in jail movies. Maybe public mobile sim cards will be the new currency. (No photoshop at work, so don't judge me)

hpwv5rmmwuc11.jpg23917270264_b6720c2d69_m.jpg

@srlawren wrote:

@raknahss "if not, why?" I think the simplest answer here is that the SIM cards are sold out of a totally different system not connected to the self-serve accounts. 

Yet another nice to have option, that would absolutely make sense, but should not be made available until other issues are resolved first.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No you cannot use account funds to purchase SIM cards.  Account funds can only be used to purchase services.  This knowledge base offers all the details on rewards. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raknahss wrote:

Is it possible to order a new SIM using Balance / Available funds in PublicMobile account ?
If yes, how ?
In no, why ?

I have no official answer but

1. I don't think so.

2. see above

3. My guess would be that you could buy SIM's and sell them.

Available Funds is made up of your actual real money (sometimes...other than at renewal) and then the credits of promos and rewards which aren't your actual real money. So to be able to convert those credits and rewards into real money might be frowned upon.

Need Help? Let's chat.