cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to a different plan

Haps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on a 30 Day $40 plan that expired because autopay was not activated.  Now when I try to reactivate on the $10 plan it does not allow me to do so.  There are funds in the account but the option I get is to top uo to reactivate plan(meaning to top up to reactivate $40 plan) or change on next renewal date.  Unfortunately the change on next renewal date is greyed out and non-clickable.

I'm not sure who I can turn to to get this resolved.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Muldersarah28 wrote:

Roger's cue up my port in and now I can't call my husband and the agent are answer ne this Ben for three days 

@Muldersarah28 I'm not sure what that has to do with a plan change.  But it sounds like your port has failed.  You'll need to contact the moderator team for assistance.  Here's all the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Muldersarah28

Roger's cue up my port in and now I can't call my husband and the agent are answer ne this Ben for three days 

mimmo

If you are having troubles paying then use a voucher you can buy online from recharge.com

If your plan is active you can change your plan.

Muldersarah28

it get pay frrom my bank anf no it supend

mimmo

@Muldersarah28 not really understanding your issue. Did you try and make a payment but it did not work? Is your account active? Or expired? 

If you are having issues making a payment you can buy an online voucher from recharge.com (pay a service fee but no taxes) and use that.

Muldersarah28

my money didnt go on it from my debit card

mimmo

@Muldersarah28 loginto self serve and click change plan then select the new plan you want then select futuredate the change or change immediately.

This process can only be done if your account is active.

Muldersarah28

i want to chmnage the my plan to 540 befor ei top up it up do i dont wnat the 40 ppoan any more

mimmo

@Dunkman not being able to change plans on expired accounts is not a glitch, the system was designed that way, why not sure but this part of the system works as it is supposed to.

@Haps if you really need service now  renew your current plan, then ask mods vhange yoyr plan to the one you want andne credit your public mobile account the difference. You don't get a refund.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you want to get up and running right away, you'll need to renew the old plan to activate your service.  Once it's active, you'll be able to future date your plan change.

It's not cheap, but it's the quickest way to get this resolved.  For future reference, plan changes can only be performed by the customer while the plan is active, not suspended, and not expired.

@Haps

Be Patient.  It will take 1-2 days for moderator to get back to you.   It is a known glitch in the system unfortunately.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Haps, you have been directed to seek moderator team assistance because customers cannot make plan changes when the account is suspended. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haps wrote:

I was on a 30 Day $40 plan that expired because autopay was not activated.  Now when I try to reactivate on the $10 plan it does not allow me to do so.  There are funds in the account but the option I get is to top uo to reactivate plan(meaning to top up to reactivate $40 plan) or change on next renewal date.  Unfortunately the change on next renewal date is greyed out and non-clickable.

I'm not sure who I can turn to to get this resolved.

You need to send a private message to the Mods here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET).
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and click on the little envelope in the upper right of your screen that now has a red blob indicating that you have a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.