Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set-up autopay

jhiyongloke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I am trying to set up autopay. However it is showing the following:

PublicMobile.JPG

However, I contacted my bank and they said that they have already approved Public Mobile's transaction. However, it seems that Public Mobile somehow was not able to verify the transaction.

Did anyone encounter the same?

12 REPLIES 12

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for posting the solution. It helps others to learn from your experience. Thanks and welcome to PM!

jhiyongloke

This worked for me. I omitted the apt# (I did not try omitting the last digit on my postcode though) Thanks!

@Kenneth03 wrote:

Problem solved! When entering the credit card and billing information on the AutoPay setup page, I omitted the apartment number and just entered the street number. Then it worked! It's all set up now. 

Just as @popping & @gblackma  mentioned above. 👍

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I also experienced this issue in the past.

I contacted my bank and it wasn't a problem on their side. I believe PM doesn't like some cards for some reason. I just used a different credit card in my case. If you don't have a second card, I would use a pre-paid VISA. 

Kenneth03

Problem solved! When entering the credit card and billing information on the AutoPay setup page, I omitted the apartment number and just entered the street number. Then it worked! It's all set up now. 

@Kenneth03 wrote:

I can't even "register" my credit card...  The bank said that they received a call from another person who was having the same issue with Public Mobile.  So, something is not working right with PM site. 

Hope it will be fixed soon.

@jhiyongloke  @Kenneth03  My recommendation would be to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check if a security lock was triggered on your account (a result of too many attempts)  and if yes, ask them to clear it.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Kenneth03

I can't even "register" my credit card...  The bank said that they received a call from another person who was having the same issue with Public Mobile.  So, something is not working right with PM site. 

Hope it will be fixed soon.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jhiyongloke , was your credit card charged? If you log into your self service / my account and go to make a payment , at the bottom of the page it says mange credit cards. Click the link and see if your credit card is there. I had the same problem, but it still took the credit card.

If it is not try to add it again, leaving your apt number field blank . If applicable enter your apt in the address field ie xxx street address.  And enter you postal code without spaces. 

@jhiyongloke wrote:

Hi all,

PublicMobile.JPG

However, I contacted my bank and they said that they have already approved Public Mobile's transaction. However, it seems that Public Mobile somehow was not able to verify the transaction.

Kenneth03

I'm in exactly the same situation. I got the same message and phone the bank. They said everything is good on our end (bank and me). 

I guess I will try later again...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jhiyongloke 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jhiyongloke wrote:

Hi all,

PublicMobile.JPG

@jhiyongloke  It's not your cc it PM's system it needs an overhaul Smiley Frustrated. Make sure javascript and cookies are enabled on yor browser. Use uppercase.

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes system doesn't like a card nobody knows why

You can try again later and in incognito mode
You can try another one
Or if that's your only one contact moderators to add it https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.