cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register my credit card

hvalg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently got a new credit card. When I try to register it I get a notification that "the credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer", so I contacted my bank but they said they could see the registration and it looked fine on their end. I tried a different credit card and got the same message. I tried to call 611 but you can only pay with a pre authorized card and that's the part im having trouble with! Any suggestions?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

hvalg

So the issue did end up being related to my address... when I tried entering an old address for the credit card (that is no longer valid) it worked. I don't understand why because it is not the address that is on my credit card statement. But that sure doesn't seem very secure to me. Furthermore, I was unable to find a way to get in touh with a moderator- through the links on the menu, the SIMbot or just a plain google search. I've been very impressed with public mobiles phone service, but unimpressed with the website and customer service. But I appriciate everyone trying to help. Thank you for your suggestions.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hvalg wrote:

Lots of great suggestions, but none seem to be working. How do I contact a moderator?

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

@hvalg wrote:

Lots of great suggestions, but none seem to be working. How do I contact a moderator?

Go to question mark at the bottom right and click on it. That window will have the option to open a ticket.

hvalg

hvalg

I've activated the card- I've been using it else where for 2 weeks. 

The address matches.

@hvalgLeave the apartment field blank.. even if you live in an apartment also make sure no space is between your postal code.

hvalg

I've activated the card and double checked the address with the bank

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hvalg 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@hvalg wrote:

Hello,

I recently got a new credit card. When I try to register it I get a notification that "the credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer", so I contacted my bank but they said they could see the registration and it looked fine on their end. I tried a different credit card and got the same message. I tried to call 611 but you can only pay with a pre authorized card and that's the part im having trouble with! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thats usually because of addrress error or it not being an exact match. You remember to call in to activate the card?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hvalg wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Sometimes it helps to wait an hour before retrying.  PM's website can be a bit glitchy at times.

You can purchase a voucher at most retail/convenience stores and pay using 611 too.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hvalg 

The website can be finicky.  You can clear cache, different web browser, or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.

With credit card information, make sure address matches exactly the billing address of credit card. If apartment number, leave that section blank. Sometimes try to leave a space in between the first 3 digits of postal code, other time try without space.  

If you are really stuck, you will need to contact moderator to help set up autopay.  ]

You could buy a payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.com- service fee applies) and pay via 611 or self service account.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hvalg wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

@hvalg  When entering the card info leave the APT# field blank and no spaces when entering your postal code. Do not use any special characters.

Need Help? Let's chat.