cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t pay for plan at all

Nick1010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been with public mobile for almost 2 years, when I initially signed up it wouldn’t take my credit card of choice so I had to use a different one, then couple months later it stopped working switched to a third, and it worked for over a year, now today I got a some messages saying my plan was renewing, then it says payment not accepted, my account has expired, I tried all my credit cards, none work, says can’t verify none of them are expired and all work normally for everything else.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nick1010 wrote:

Tried recharge and it didn’t work... for some reason kept failing as well... my card all work fine I use them all frequently online and in person never any issue

Well recharge.com isn't related to this place.

They can also use Paypal if you have that.

Many stores have vouchers. Some have a delay.

Some stores have instant top-ups.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nick1010 don't rely on auto-pay anymore, it's not worth the headache. always manually pay ahead of time. paying ahead 30 days is the best solution imo. I never have service disruption *knock on wood. when manually paying use the "other, enter the desired amount" option. don't use "amount due"

click on "my rewards" in your self serve account. it should show you your plan cost after rewards. top up your account in the amount of the plan minus rewards

@Nick1010 

Have you tried contacting a moderator to sort this out?

Nick1010

Tried recharge and it didn’t work... for some reason kept failing as well... my card all work fine I use them all frequently online and in person never any issue

Nick1010

Yes it says expired, and says it still needs payment then it says if you have already paid i gore this(i haven’t) all my payment attempts say could not verify and then fail

@Nick1010 wrote:

Thanks for reply I’ll have to go right to moderator, 611 wouldn’t let me pay as it said I don’t have a credit card on my account(I removed it a few minutes ago)

@Nick1010   You can always purchase a voucher from retailers like Canadian Tire or London Drugs or gas/convenience stores, or even online at Recharge.com to make a payment via the 611 service. 

Nick1010

Thanks for reply I’ll have to go right to moderator, 611 wouldn’t let me pay as it said I don’t have a credit card on my account(I removed it a few minutes ago)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nick1010 

When you say you're plan "expired" do you mean that's what you see on the top of your self-serve account?  You will notice that always shows up there the evening prior to your renewal date - so long as you can call or text, you're good.

Now, the payment issue is unusual.  If I understand you can't use any credit card to pay your account.  That is unusual.

As a stop-gap measure, you may wish to purchase a Public Mobile top-up voucher from a local store which sells them and add the voucher to the account to ensure there are necessary funds to fulfill the renewal amount.

@Nick1010 wrote:

I have been on auto pay all this time I tried using manual pay as well nothing works, can’t pay for my plan at all

Did you try calling 611 to make a payment?

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Nick1010

I have been on auto pay all this time I tried using manual pay as well nothing works, can’t pay for my plan at all

Need Help? Let's chat.