cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make payment with credit on account

Mystique
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a credit on my account from minutes I bought with my SIM card at Walmart. Do I have to use a credit card and set up autopay to use those minutes to make a payment on my account? It also says on the payment page that I owe $0 next pay period because of a special deal PM was running in December. Why does my plan say "Expired" then?

16 REPLIES 16

Mystique

@Anonymous

Good to know that Amount Due $0 indicates I have enough Available Funds. So I did already get my free month when I signed up in mid December and yes,The system took from Available Funds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mystique wrote:

@Anonymous
My plan renewed but they did take a payment. I got last month free with sign up so I guess the $0 amount due is for the current month. Learning the terminology. Will explore rewards next. Thanks.

That seems odd. So you already got your free month? The $0 owing should be indicating that you have enough in your Available Funds. Did the system take from Available Funds or a possibly connected credit card? The free month promo was simply a credit put into Available Funds that can get used to renew or purchase add-ons.

Mystique

@Anonymous
My plan renewed but they did take a payment. I got last month free with sign up so I guess the $0 amount due is for the current month. Learning the terminology. Will explore rewards next. Thanks.

Mystique

@Dunkman
My plan renewed fine. Appreciate your help.

Mystique

@Thanks @Lieux.

Mystique

@z10user
Good to know. Thanks for this info

Mystique

@Carld123
Yeah, I figured that out after I posted this. Thanks for replying.

You can buy voucher at recharge.com online too. You will have an amount for your account PM and pay around 5% taxes for recharge.com. @Mystique

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mystique wrote:

On a separate topic, do you know if I can change my username? I haven't been able to find a place to do that.

@Mystique

There isnt an option in self serve to change your username...if you need to change it you have to send a private message to a moderator for that request..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mystique wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks. Yes, I got a plan along with the SIM card and also a special offer for a free month. What are vouchers? I was trying to figure that out. I guess we purchase those in stores?

You go to a store that sells gift cards and such and buy a voucher of some value. Some might refer to them as buying minutes but they're not...they're buying value. You will rarely see a card hanging on a display. You will usually have to ask for it. They'll give you the Homer stare and you ask them to look in their little pinpad terminal thingy. You pay the tax then. You get a code on the printout. You can use either 611 or the self-serve to enter the voucher in. It gets added to your Available Funds.

You can also buy online from recharge.com .

Mystique

@Anonymous

Thanks. Yes, I got a plan along with the SIM card and also a special offer for a free month. What are vouchers? I was trying to figure that out. I guess we purchase those in stores?

Mystique

On a separate topic, do you know if I can change my username? I haven't been able to find a place to do that.

Mystique

@Dunkman
Yes, my renewal day is today. Thank you very much for your clear and detailed reply. I should be okay since the credit I have is greater than my plan cost and I'm suppose to get a free month anyway.

Mystique

Okay. Thanks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mystique

Is your renewal day today?  Usually in the evening before payment date, the self service account will show "expired".  As long as your phone is working presently, it should renew fine by tomorrow morning.  

You do not need to sign up for autopay to use any credit/balance in your account.  Public mobile will take any positive credit first before needing anything from autopay or credit card.  If your credit or balance right now is greater than your plan cost, you should be fine for renewal.  

You might want to screenshot your self service account page (omit any presonal information) to make sure what I stated above is accurate.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mystique wrote:

I have a credit on my account from minutes I bought with my SIM card at Walmart. Do I have to use a credit card and set up autopay to use those minutes to make a payment on my account? It also says on the payment page that I owe $0 next pay period because of a special deal PM was running in December. Why does my plan say "Expired" then?

Step away from the self-serve! 🙂

Don't touch nothin'.

It's all normal on your renewal night. If your service stays working through to the morning then you're good.

Ok. That aside. Some confused terminology there. I guess you mean a plan that you got along with getting a SIM. You don't *have* to have a credit card. To use the autopay and to get the reward yes you'll need a credit card. It sounds like you have a second month free credit already there thus the $0 owing.

You can also use a voucher to "make a payment on your account". But it's nice to get the reward just for connecting a credit card. You can use vouchers and get the reward anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.