cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls

zoeongp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $40 plan every month, I had $23 in my account so I bought a $22 voucher. I was gonna apply it later today since my payment is due tomorrow but when I tried making calls today I'm told my plan doesn't allow me to make calls even though I have talk, text and data 

Edit: my data still works, I just can't anser or make calls 

Edit 2: My data even stopped working for a bit but a mod helped me and now everything's back to normal, thanks for the help folks!! 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi zoeongp,

If you need further help, feel free to submit a ticket through SIMon, our virtual assistant and we will take a look into your situation.

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

@Laiqkhan1Can you log into your selfserve account and make sure your plan is active? Also which plan are you on? If you don't have any minutes on the front page of selfserve that means you are out of minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laiqkhan1 wrote:

What I do my I can't make calls

What plan are you on? If the $15 plan maybe you've used all your minutes.

Laiqkhan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What I do my I can't make calls

Laiqkhan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't make calls please help me for that ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zoeongp 

We know the following facts:

1. Your account is acitve.

2.  You have a $40 plan with unlimited Canada wide minutes.

3. You cannot dial out and receive calls.

4. You cannot add your topup voucher because you cannot 611.

Please login your self-serve account to add your new voucher to your account.  Adding fund to your account will trigger PM server to provision your account again which may tix your call in and out issue.

If you have autopay credit card on file, you can add $1 to get your account provisioned again.

I think it's best if you contact moderators it looks like your phone 3g is ok if you are getting such message

@zoeongp  Public uses 3G for calling do you need to make sure u haven't set your device to use 4G or LTE only. It should be set to auto or a combo of 3G UMTS / 4G LTE

zoeongp

I have my wifi off but I don't have access to another phone to use

zoeongp

When I try to make a call I get the standard voice telling me something like "Hi, Public Mobile here, we were unable to complete your call because your plan doesn't have calling" or something like that, but I've had unlimited talk and text since I got this plan

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you temporarily switch to 3g only? That is important for calls, calls are not made on 4g.

Make sure your WiFi is off.

Can you borrow another phone to test your sim in, just to rule out the phone itself

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did anything change recently about your phone?

Do you get error message or calls just fail?

zoeongp

I'm not sure if texting works but my data is working fine

zoeongp

It says active

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zoeongp wrote:

I have a $40 plan every month, I had $23 in my account so I bought a $22 voucher. I was gonna apply it later today since my payment is due tomorrow but when I tried making calls today I'm told my plan doesn't allow me to make calls even though I have talk, text and data 

Can you log into the self-serve and see if your account says active or suspended?  Are  you able to text and use data still?  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is the status reported on your account when you log in

Need Help? Let's chat.