cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls- Message says, "Talk is not included in your currenat plan."

Boko999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When this happened bfore I would buy a $5 add on and the problem would be solved so I did that again and still got the messge so I upgraded from the $10 plan to the $15 one which is reflected on my payment and plan pages but I'm still getting the same &^$&%&##^ message.

I've followed all the instructions that the absolutly useless bot suggested until I'm ready to kill a kitten, which, luckily are unavailable at this time. Just like the cell phone service that I'm %$#&#&%#% paying for.

6 REPLIES 6

Boko999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to reach an 800 number when I ran into the problem.After reinstalling SIM card trying again, changing APN, trying again and then performing the 'Lost phone gambit" still @&^&(%( up I tried calling a different non 800 # and it worked.

Thanks for all the help and I now know much more about the phone than I ever wanted to.

Anyway, thanks all, you have probably saved an innocent kitten's life

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Boko999  Did you come back from abroad recently? If yes, check your contacts for any invalid prefixes. Try dialing the number directly and make sure the number is correct including area code. If everything is as it should and you still can't call out submit s ticket to PM for further investigation and keep us posted on what was the problem and the fix.

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Boko999 wrote:

When this happened bfore I would buy a $5 add on and the problem would be solved so I did that again and still got the messge so I upgraded from the $10 plan to the $15 one which is reflected on my payment and plan pages but I'm still getting the same &^$&%&##^ message.

I've followed all the instructions that the absolutly useless bot suggested until I'm ready to kill a kitten, which, luckily are unavailable at this time. Just like the cell phone service that I'm %$#&#&%#% paying for.

@Boko999 

Give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix almost every problem at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

@RobertQc, we should not encourage use of the lost phone/found phone toggle so much anymore.  The moderator team bench strength is good these days and so they will fix account problems quite quickly without resorting to this workaround which will create a reward issue that will require moderator team intervention anyway. 

@will13amGood to know, thanks

@RobertQc wrote:

@Boko999 wrote:

@Boko999 

Give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix almost every problem at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

@RobertQc, we should not encourage use of the lost phone/found phone toggle so much anymore.  The moderator team bench strength is good these days and so they will fix account problems quite quickly without resorting to this workaround which will create a reward issue that will require moderator team intervention anyway. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Boko999, the moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Boko999 wrote:

@Boko999 

Need Help? Let's chat.