cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make a payment

ihatethisalot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Service was deactivated. I clicked reactivate and entered multiple credit cards, all of which are working perfectly fine. I want to reactivate my plan or make a payment. Seems simple enough but not on this site. Help please

19 REPLIES 19

Vouchers are vouchers.  Doesn't matter if it's paid via 611 or the Self-Serve portal.

The web programming of self-serve is always an issue, and if you have pop-up blockers, or cookies and cache issues, you're best to try incognito or private browsing mode.

The fact that 611 works mean that the payment system is functioning, but, in this case, the web portion is acting up.

phileops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In case anyone else is having this issue - I now have this across 4 different accounts I manage. (two kids, two grandparents - different credit cards) the only way to fix this on my own is to buy a voucher in store and apply it via 611.

You can't do it with a voucher online - it doesn't work either, so assuming their online payment system is down. Assuming these are system issues of some sort. Will update this thread once I hear from a moderator.

phileops

Not to worry. You're trying to help - I really appreciate it. The phone works with other sim cards, but doesn't work with the public mobile sim card in it. 

@phileops wrote:

yup. The phone works. It's unlocked, so I tested it with another network and it works fine. 

It's always worthwhile to ask, but in this case - all my troubles seem to originate with the account, not the phone.

@phileops  I apologize for the misunderstanding I meant work as can you make/receive calls/texts even though the account shows suspended. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

phileops

yup. The phone works. It's unlocked, so I tested it with another network and it works fine. 

It's always worthwhile to ask, but in this case - all my troubles seem to originate with the account, not the phone.

@phileops wrote:

@Moderator_Team  I'm having this problem on multiple accounts. I have two kids accounts that I manage, and one got de-activated this morning becuase it didn't autopay as it was supposed to. 

I've already done all of the suggestions in this thread.

1. no VPN

2. Credit card is active and good

3. used incognito on different browsers and diffferent computers. 

4. I've tried this on different WIFI networks and on my phone too
5. removed all the spaces in the postal code.

Last step is to buy a voucher. Can you help please? buying vouchers isn't ideal - getting this done properly would help a lot.

@phileops Have to ask. Did you test the phone to see if it still works?

phileops

hey thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. Will do that now. 

Just put in a voucher and that doesn't work either!

@phileops 

Did you directly private message the moderator as described above?  Tagging moderator in this forum would be much slower and might be missed.  Moderators have direct access to your account and should be able to help.  Wait times are 1-2 days though.

Other suggestions

Leave apartment unit number blank. 

Dialing 611 via your phone.

phileops

@Moderator_Team  I'm having this problem on multiple accounts. I have two kids accounts that I manage, and one got de-activated this morning becuase it didn't autopay as it was supposed to. 

I've already done all of the suggestions in this thread.

1. no VPN

2. Credit card is active and good

3. used incognito on different browsers and diffferent computers. 

4. I've tried this on different WIFI networks and on my phone too
5. removed all the spaces in the postal code.

Last step is to buy a voucher. Can you help please? buying vouchers isn't ideal - getting this done properly would help a lot.

@Joanne1 

Let us know what you have tried already to pay your account.  There are a bunch of suggestions in this thread.  

If you really need service immediately, buying a payment voucher in store or online (via recharge.com - warning service charge) and paying either via self service account or dialing 611.  Then you can some time to get your visa debit issue sorted out.  

If all above suggestions don't work, you may need to private message moderator, but wait times are 1-2 days.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Joanne1 wrote:

Please help me

We are here for thatSmiley Happy

Did you try with the 611?

Joanne1

Please help me

@Joanne1 wrote:

I'm trying to top up my account with my virtual visa debit but it's being declined just talk to end no issue with my card

Did you try on incognito mode? It can help.

Joanne1

I'm trying to top up my account with my virtual visa debit but it's being declined just talk to end no issue with my card

ihatethisalot

Thank you all for the suggestions, it was the space in the postal code that fixed the issue. Feel dumb, but thanks for your help!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ihatethisalot wrote:

Service was deactivated. I clicked reactivate and entered multiple credit cards, all of which are working perfectly fine. I want to reactivate my plan or make a payment. Seems simple enough but not on this site. Help please

I know you said phone is deactivated. After tryingn to pay, do you now have money in account balance? Check with back to ensure your card didn't get charged multiple times.  Somtimes site says declined but charges card anyway because of a glitch.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ihatethisalot You could try a different web browser,clearing cache or going into privacy/incognito mode.  Chrome incognito has worked well for myself.  

If you need to pay asap, you could buy a payment voucher either in store or online and pay immediately with voucher.  Wait for moderators to fix your credit card issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ihatethisalot wrote:

In addition to the above, also at many convenience stores that sell gift cards if they have that little pinpad terminal. They think of the vouchers as top ups or minutes. You might get the Homer stare if you ask. Just ask them to look to see if they have Public Mobile included on their pinpad and they'll look and oh looky there whadyaknow.

recharge.com has recently begun to charge more than what you would pay in a store. But maybe it's worth it to you for the convenience.

As for your credit card issue...the information you enter on the credit card screen needs to exactly match your credit card billing information. Don't use the unit # field. Either no space in the postal code or drop the last digit.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ihatethisalot Try using Chrome in incognito mode and clear your browser cache. If that doesn't work you can buy vouchers at London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Wow! Mobile, K Mobile, or www.recharge.com and use the voucher to add funds to your account.
Need Help? Let's chat.