cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate parent's new phone - no payment is accepted.

abilandzija
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went with PM because I heard great things, and I assumed that I'd be able to add in a credit card that's been used for numerous other online purchases without a problem. I have tried 3 different credit cards to date and I get the same error message - where the card transaction couldn't be processed.

I tried with only street number, exactly as it appears on the bill, with the # in front of the number and even my own credit card - nothing is working. This is making my gift look like a joke honestly and it's very frustrating. I'm unable to set up a ticket since I'm unable to set up an account first. I was able to send a PM through this forum service, but I'm not sure if that'll do anything - especially on Boxing Day.

Does anyone have any other ideas because this is exhausting at this point. I love the plan in it's entirety. I just wish that I could use it.

8 REPLIES 8

wlma

I've had the same issue... But when I paid with another card it worked. I did notice however that it automatically changed my province to something other than mine and had to switch that back. Please let us know is it was ever resolved.

abilandzija
  • If I get a response today, no problem. I'd like to get this activated as soon as possible. 

That's your best course of action given you appear to be on the ball with this stuff, @abilandzija 

Hopefully this won't turn your parents away from PM - it really has been smooth sailing for us and others I know...

Would you mind posting on this thread what they determined the problem to be, for all our collective learning information?

Thanks.

abilandzija

I tried both yesterday and just now and I get the same errors unfortunately. I'm fairly tech saavy and my parents are not so I can see how this is extremely frustrating if they ever had to deal with this.

I tried all those steps and messaged support. Just waiting to hear back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The payment card processing is the worst part about this place.

Do you see any charges or pending transactions on your payment card side? If so, stop.

If not, then try the postal code without a space or drop the last digit. Try caps everywhere. Try matching the name and address on the profile side not just the payment card entry screen.

But then by now it might be that the system has locked you out due to protecting against a fraud. Give it another hour or so and try again. Other than that all you can do is ask the moderators to unlock the attempts.

Edit: two others

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@abilandzija 

The payment system can be frustrating at times.  Might want to try again in one hour.  Sometimes, the payment system gets locked out after several attempts.

When you try again, maybe clear cache, incognito mode or try a different web browser.  Make sure the address exactly matches your credit card billing address. 

Moderators are working today, but expect a few hours response time.  Check your private messages for response.  Envelope icon on right upper corner of website.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @abilandzija 

I'd recommend opening this up in an in-cognito mode after clearing cache and cookies on the browser.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set.

Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If this doesn't work, try contacting the Moderators for assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.