cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Re-Activate Account

elyslano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My purse was stolen with my wallet and cell phone (with my public mobile SIM).

I deactived my account so the thief wouldn't be able to use it. I also cancelled my cards immediately.

I now can't reactive my account because it says my account was suspended due to insufficient funds. I added my new credit card but my acocunt is at $0 and the "submit" button is greyed out.

HELP!

6 REPLIES 6

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear of this. When an issue becomes complicated, best to contact a moderator by clicking on ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elyslano wrote:

I deactived my account so the thief wouldn't be able to use it. I also cancelled my cards immediately.

I now can't reactive my account because it says my account was suspended due to insufficient funds. I added my new credit card but my acocunt is at $0 and the "submit" button is greyed out.

HELP!

1.  You need to add enough fund to cover your full plan fee as PM will not apply any reward during reactivation.  Then click the reactivate your plan button.

2.  Get a new SIM card and select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change SIM card] to change your account to use the new SIM card.

@elyslano wrote:

NOTE: I ordered a new SIM through Public mobile so I have a new one. It doesn't let me change the SIM because it gives me this error:

Oh no! It looks like something went wrong...

I assumed this was due to my account being suspended which led me to my activation issues

You can try clearing your cache and cookies, also try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Sometimes waiting an hour can also help.

elyslano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

NOTE: I ordered a new SIM through Public mobile so I have a new one. It doesn't let me change the SIM because it gives me this error:

Oh no! It looks like something went wrong...

I assumed this was due to my account being suspended which led me to my activation issues

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could also use recharge.com to make a payment.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@elyslano wrote:

HELP!

Have you tried dialling 611?  You can buy a voucher and pay using 611 too.

To reactivate your account contact moderators and submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.