cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Pay bill

silvanam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On July 4th public Mobile tried to take money from my credit card and I didn't have enough on it, I since then paid it off completely. I have tried to pay using phone, online, removing and tired adding the credit card, now it won't verify my address. How do I fix this problem? Bank checked it on their end, everything is fine. It's like my account is blocked. The credit card company said they didn't even see Public Mobile trying to take payment. These hours of exhausting work to make a phone work isn't worth the 10 -15 savings. 

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

instant top up-01.jpeg

@silvanam if you need service right away you can head to an esso for an instant top up to get your services working.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@silvanam While you are waiting for the moderators to respond, here's a couple of suggestions:

• pickup/buy a voucher and add to your account by calling 611; reboot your phone afterwards
  • get the app from Fongo.com, or TextNow, for free calling while on wifi; it's my backup service

Voucher locations: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Vouchers on-linerecharge.com , https://www.ding.com , PayPal Mobile Reload & Phone Top Up in Canada | Xoom, a PayPal Service

Instructions to add a voucher from your phone: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@silvanam 

Please reach out to a moderator, to make sure your account is, back in service. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@silvanam  Some tips to try when entering the address:

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@silvanam , multiple payment failures using the same card can get the card locked out.  This maybe the case. You will need moderator team assistance to remove the lock.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@silvanam wrote:

On July 4th public Mobile tried to take money from my credit card and I didn't have enough on it, I since then paid it off completely. I have tried to pay using phone, online, removing and tired adding the credit card, now it won't verify my address. How do I fix this problem? Bank checked it on their end, everything is fine. It's like my account is blocked. The credit card company said they didn't even see Public Mobile trying to take payment. These hours of exhausting work to make a phone work isn't worth the 10 -15 savings. 

@silvanam   When you log into your account do you see the Reactivate button?  Click that to push your payment.  It's also a good idea to clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled.  You can also dial 611 and pay using your registered CC on account or a prepaid voucher.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@silvanam you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.

If this fails, your card may be locked from too many attempts Contact the moderators and ask them to apply payment and reactivate your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.