cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up AutoPay using my bank account instead of credit card?

iekirby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to use my bank account for AutoPay instead of credit card?  If so, how do I do this?  

When I go to add my payment info for AutoPay, it only allows me to enter card details, not bank details.

12 REPLIES 12

thechunkyknot

Hello there yes it can only be mastercard or visa debt

iekirby

...it sounds like I got a few options 

Thanks everyone. Have a wonderful weekend 🙂 

iekirby

Cool, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions and advice. It sounds 

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the BMO debit card works as a credit card, mine does anyways

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

I just sent you a private message with my workaround, it's not debit card but prepaid card 

Hope it helps

@slash407 wrote:

why dont u wanna use a CC? u get discounts with it and u dont have to worry about NSF fees which are very expensive with banks

@slash407, As a pre-paid provider that does not do credit checks some people may not have a credit card or qualify for one.

Also how any get an NSF from a bank with using PM?  This doesn't make sense to me as if there is no payment made your service is de-activated.  You haven't written a cheque for an NSF fee from your bank.  Can you explain how you came up with your comment about NSF fees from the bank.   With a credit card you could get an overlimit charge if you are over your credit card limit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm guessing you may/may not have easy access to a credit card..

I'd recommend building/rebuilding you credit with a very low limit credit from a reputable source.  One such card is the Scotiabank Value No-Fee Visa Card (no annual fee, limit $500).  These and other low limit credit cards are for those with no credit history/credit issues; thus, it's not very hard to get.  If your credit history is really bad, you can also get what's know as a secured credit card.

Be disiplined; use this credit card only for PM and setup your back account to auto-pay this credit card a few days before it's due.

This would be almost like auto-pay with a bank account, but with a credit card as the middle-man.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@iekirby wrote:

Is it possible to use my bank account for AutoPay instead of credit card?  If so, how do I do this?  

When I go to add my payment info for AutoPay, it only allows me to enter card details, not bank details.

Yes, you can,  but only if your bank links your chequing or savings account to a Visa Debit ATM card.  You don't link the bank account but link the card and the Visa Debit takes from your bank account.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iekirby wrote:

@iekirby PM are not able to process direct payment at the moment. You may need to consider different way to get the $2 autopay reward as well as extra data for certain plan. 

It is easy to get credit card nowadays. Consider to have $500 credit limit in your card. Canadian Tire or Walmart is easy to get. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iekirby 

You can also use those prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift cards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iekirby wrote:

Visa Debit is linked to your bank account. Rumour has it Mastercard Debit works. But that's not official. Otherwise...no.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iekirby wrote:

@iekirby 

From what I know it has to be credit or visa debit.

"Input new Autopay information (Credit cards from Canadian + US banks, and Canadian issued VisaDebit cards. Pre-authorized payments from your bank account are not available."

Need Help? Let's chat.