cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I pay from my bank account

Wondering if there is a way to pay from my bank account as I am waiting on my new V/D card to arrive in the mail?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can I pay from my bank account

@AngieCupello 

There is no direct way to pay from your bank account but a voucher is easily purchased from many retailers and can be added thru your account or by dialing 611 from your phone. Press (1) and (1) again then add the 12 digit pin code.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello 

There is no direct way to pay from your bank account but a voucher is easily purchased from many retailers and can be added thru your account or by dialing 611 from your phone. Press (1) and (1) again then add the 12 digit pin code.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Not through public mobile unless you get a debit card with the visa or MasterCard logo on it to pay for online purchases.

You can use PayPal on recharge.com and PayPal takes bank accounts.

You can also go to a corner store or gas station and pay for a voucher with your bank card. Link below of places you can buy vouchers.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello 

You can also reference the voucher catalogue for user supplied info on various retailers vouchers for public mobile. Vouchers from London drugs, SDM, Shell and 7/11 can all be loaded onto your account immediately after purchase.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello wrote:

Wondering if there is a way to pay from my bank account as I am waiting on my new V/D card to arrive in the mail?

No, you need to wait for your Visa Debit (V/D) card to arrive before you can setup the autopay on your account.  When is your renewal date?  If it is 2 weeks away, your debit card should arrive.  

Instead of waiting for your card to arrive, you can also go you your branch and ask for a replacement card while you are waiting at the branch.  All it take is a few minutes.  You can get you autopay setup tomorrow morning without paying convenience fee for buying topup voucher at retail or online stores.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello 

There is usually only a convenience fee for instant top ups and online top ups. Vouchers from retailers rarely have a fee.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Two years ago, I purchased Canadian Tire GC with 10% off.  After activated my first PM account, when I when to Canadian Tire gas station to buy topup voucher.  The gas station lady told me there is extra fee added to the voucher.  Since then, I am not interest in dealing with topup voucher.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

Two years ago, I purchased Canadian Tire GC with 10% off.  After activated my first PM account, when I when to Canadian Tire gas station to buy topup voucher.  The gas station lady told me there is extra fee added to the voucher.  Since then, I am not interest in dealing with topup voucher.

@popping 

I wonder if that was the so-called "instant top-up" where you give your phone number and it goes straight into your account. I did that at a Mobil and there was a fee.

But I had bought one voucher elsewhere with no fee. Recharge.com charges a fee but then they don't charge PST in BC. Canadian Cell Supplies doesn't charge a fee.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping 

I wonder if that was the so-called "instant top-up" where you give your phone number and it goes straight into your account. I did that at a Mobil and there was a fee.

But I had bought one voucher elsewhere with no fee. Recharge.com charges a fee but then they don't charge PST in BC. Canadian Cell Supplies doesn't charge a fee.

Recharge.com charges fees on a voucher, not just instant top-up.  Don't some gas stations charge a $1 fee for non-instant top-up? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping 

That is possible.  I was so new with PM.  I don't know that PM has instant topup. 

I was not interest to buy topup voucher from other retail stores without discount similar the my 10% off CT GC.

Need Help? Let's chat.