cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay from my bank account

AngieCupello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wondering if there is a way to pay from my bank account as I am waiting on my new V/D card to arrive in the mail?

17 REPLIES 17

AngieCupello

Unfortunately with the bank I am with they are just launching their V/D card program so you cannot just go into the branch as they do not have physical branches. You use bank machines through Scotia Bank. I should have my card in the next two weeks though.

AngieCupello

I went to my local 7-11 and bought a voucher. They did not ask me for my phone number, all they ask you for is how much you want to put on your account so they know how much to charge you.

@Nezgar 

A decent discount if you get it. Time for me to hit the hay....ive accidently deleted this message three times. Whoops almost did it again.....

@darlicious wrote:

Maybe @Nezgar  can tell us how widespread this offer is.....you can recieve a $10 rebate thru checkout 51 when signing up for ampli atm.

I think I've only heard of onyl 2 people in this forum at least say that they've seen Public Mobile related promotions in Ampli... Targeted to specific locations or probably purchase history ...

@Anonymous  

Canadian tire gas bars offer a RTR (instant top up style product) vs a voucher that is available at their customer service desk(they are not immediately redeemable vouchers.) Some retailers ( usually small independently owned convenience stores) may charge a $1 fee. There are a couple referenced in the voucher catalogue. CCS vouchers when available even at 10% off still offer a decent savings if bought out of province as they only charge gst. For most that represents an additional 7% to 10% savings on top off the 10% to 20% discount they offer.

Better yet @CalgaryBen on another forum has reported a targeted offer from ampli offering a maximum $25/per $100 statement rebate when making a direct public mobile payment thru a linked card valid thru December 4th ( I believe). But is YMMV so signing up does not guarantee you will recieve this offer. Maybe @Nezgar  can tell us how widespread this offer is.....you can recieve a $10 rebate thru checkout 51 when signing up for ampli atm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The best deal these days is CCS. Even only at 10% discount. I had bought a couple $10 ones when they had them at 20% off.

You gotta aim for a larger discount than that. For real time top ups, I could picture the reaction when someone asked to purchase a voucher only to be asked for a phone number. If not famiilar with the process, that might seem strange to the customer.

I thought 20% was pretty good. Not so much at 10%.

Perhaps that's what happened with popping. Goes in asks for a voucher but maybe he gave his phone number and got an instant top-up and paid the fee. Then went away thinking well I'm not doing that again.

So for anybody else reading this - the clue to whether you're getting a voucher or instant top-up is ... wanting your number = instant top-up.

Buying a voucher doesn't need your number.

@Anonymous wrote:

The best deal these days is CCS. Even only at 10% discount. I had bought a couple $10 ones when they had them at 20% off.

You gotta aim for a larger discount than that. For real time top ups, I could picture the reaction when someone asked to purchase a voucher only to be asked for a phone number. If not famiilar with the process, that might seem strange to the customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mm80 wrote:

Recharge.com charges fees on a voucher, not just instant top-up.  Don't some gas stations charge a $1 fee for non-instant top-up? 

Recharge doesn't do instant top-up.

I've only bought one voucher at a Walmart. No fee that I remember. Gosh...that's like 2 years ago now.

I've done one instant top-up at a gas station and they charged a fee.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

Two years ago, I purchased Canadian Tire GC with 10% off.  After activated my first PM account, when I when to Canadian Tire gas station to buy topup voucher.  The gas station lady told me there is extra fee added to the voucher.  Since then, I am not interest in dealing with topup voucher.

@popping 

I wonder if that was the so-called "instant top-up" where you give your phone number and it goes straight into your account. I did that at a Mobil and there was a fee.

But I had bought one voucher elsewhere with no fee. Recharge.com charges a fee but then they don't charge PST in BC. Canadian Cell Supplies doesn't charge a fee.

That is possible.  I was so new with PM.  I don't know that PM has instant topup. 

I was not interest to buy topup voucher from other retail stores without discount similar the my 10% off CT GC.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

Two years ago, I purchased Canadian Tire GC with 10% off.  After activated my first PM account, when I when to Canadian Tire gas station to buy topup voucher.  The gas station lady told me there is extra fee added to the voucher.  Since then, I am not interest in dealing with topup voucher.

@popping 

I wonder if that was the so-called "instant top-up" where you give your phone number and it goes straight into your account. I did that at a Mobil and there was a fee.

But I had bought one voucher elsewhere with no fee. Recharge.com charges a fee but then they don't charge PST in BC. Canadian Cell Supplies doesn't charge a fee.

Recharge.com charges fees on a voucher, not just instant top-up.  Don't some gas stations charge a $1 fee for non-instant top-up? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@popping 

popping

@AngieCupello 

There is usually only a convenience fee for instant top ups and online top ups. Vouchers from retailers rarely have a fee.

popping

@AngieCupello wrote:

Wondering if there is a way to pay from my bank account as I am waiting on my new V/D card to arrive in the mail?

No, you need to wait for your Visa Debit (V/D) card to arrive before you can setup the autopay on your account.  When is your renewal date?  If it is 2 weeks away, your debit card should arrive.  

Instead of waiting for your card to arrive, you can also go you your branch and ask for a replacement card while you are waiting at the branch.  All it take is a few minutes.  You can get you autopay setup tomorrow morning without paying convenience fee for buying topup voucher at retail or online stores.

@AngieCupello 

You can also reference the voucher catalogue for user supplied info on various retailers vouchers for public mobile. Vouchers from London drugs, SDM, Shell and 7/11 can all be loaded onto your account immediately after purchase.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Not through public mobile unless you get a debit card with the visa or MasterCard logo on it to pay for online purchases.

You can use PayPal on recharge.com and PayPal takes bank accounts.

You can also go to a corner store or gas station and pay for a voucher with your bank card. Link below of places you can buy vouchers.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello 

There is no direct way to pay from your bank account but a voucher is easily purchased from many retailers and can be added thru your account or by dialing 611 from your phone. Press (1) and (1) again then add the 12 digit pin code.

Need Help? Let's chat.