cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get refund on overpayment?

Sumin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On Nov 14, I was trying to fund my account using my credit card but kept getting error messages. I attempted 4 times..and next day to my surprise I found out all attempts went through and I was charged 4 times. Now I am left with a big credit balance on my account. Is there any way to get this refunded?? 

9 REPLIES 9

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pogkev  There's no need for a moderator.  As above, you can use *611. You can also go to your self serve account. The balance is on the first page of your account and at the top right.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you’re looking to make basic account changes, you can dial *611 on your phone to

• Check your account balance and confirm your plan expiry date.

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contacting the moderator, via the online bubble on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. 

@mo1979ca wrote:

I am sorry to hear that. I don't believe that they will refund your money. Best way to try to get your money is calling your bank and say you were over charged and you would like a refund then they will look into to it but it will take a few days mine took 2 days but it was for a different website. But you can try to call public mobile but I always feel more comfortable talking with my bank because they do all the work. Best wishes.

Banks usually will not reverse a charge unless you have first tried to work it out with the merchant involved. The exception to this would be if the card holder has no prior relationshoip with that merchant.

mo1979ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am sorry to hear that. I don't believe that they will refund your money. Best way to try to get your money is calling your bank and say you were over charged and you would like a refund then they will look into to it but it will take a few days mine took 2 days but it was for a different website. But you can try to call public mobile but I always feel more comfortable talking with my bank because they do all the work. Best wishes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sumin wrote:

On Nov 14, I was trying to fund my account using my credit card but kept getting error messages. I attempted 4 times..and next day to my surprise I found out all attempts went through and I was charged 4 times. Now I am left with a big credit balance on my account. Is there any way to get this refunded?? 

@Sumin  When you dial 611 are the three additional payment reported in your account funds bakance? If not, those charges might be temporary holding charges on your online cc transactions that will expire within 24 hours.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sumin 

It will take a few months to get a refund form PM.

If your plan is working, you should have 3x your plan cost as available fund on your overview page after login to your self-serve account.  The available fund will be used to pay for your next 3 renewals.

If you still want a refund, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sumin wrote:

Are your services working now?

Unless you're tight on money, consider that excess balance as prepaid for a few months. It won't hit your payment card again until it's all used. And you keep the autopay reward.

Refunds are not known to happen much around here.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SuminYou will need to contact the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and explain the situation to SIMon. Once it thinks it knows what you are talking about, type submt ticket and a support ticket will be generated for the moderators who have the authority to deal with your account issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.