cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and data from US

dimoobraznii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a plan for 50$ that cover Canada and US. It is not clear, can I use phone in US for calls, texts and data or not?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Even without a roaming add-on, your phone will connect to U.S. network towers, but the service won't be usable except for, as mentioned earlier, incoming text messages.

Recently back from the states. Received a couple calls no problem. No add-ons. Probably unofficial. 🙂

@Tweetynumair wrote:

@dimoobraznii wrote:

Thank you! I live close to US border and sometimes phone can connect to US vendor. So, I am in roaming and it can charge extra. Can I ask for refund in this case? Or it is not possible with public mobile? 

You'd have to actually purchase the roaming package for you to connect to the us towers.  It wouldn't automatically charge you roaming fees.

@Tweetynumair wrote:

@dimoobraznii wrote:

Thank you! I live close to US border and sometimes phone can connect to US vendor. So, I am in roaming and it can charge extra. Can I ask for refund in this case? Or it is not possible with public mobile? 

You'd have to actually purchase the roaming package for you to connect to the us towers.  It wouldn't automatically charge you roaming fees.

Even without a roaming add-on, your phone will connect to U.S. network towers, but the service won't be usable except for, as mentioned earlier, incoming text messages.

mwf

If you want to make phone calls using US towers, purchase a roaming add-on ($8 for 10 days). It just takes a couple of minutes to add funds to your account and then make this purchase from the add-ons page.

You have to explicitly choose and pay for this option - you will never find yourself with a surprise bill for something you didn't even realize you were using - yay for Public Mobile!

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its great feature of PM that you wil not get charged extra for features that you have not activated.

@dimoobraznii wrote:

@dimoobraznii No extra charges with Public so you haven't to worry about that but since you live that close maybe consider setting your network to connect to PM manually for better connectivity.

@dimoobraznii 

No worries about extra charges. PM service just won’t work if you don’t have that feature. No overages. 

Tweetynumair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dimoobraznii wrote:

You are welcome. @dimoobraznii if that happens, your service will not work. And there are no overages with PM. So you should never be charged.

@dimoobraznii wrote:

dimoobraznii

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes, but you would have to buy a 10 day talk text and data  roaming add on for $20.

@dimoobraznii wrote:

Hello,

I have a plan for 50$ that cover Canada and US. It is not clear, can I use phone in US for calls, texts and data or not?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dimoobraznii 

Your plan will only work within Canada. 

In USA, you will need to purchase 10 day US roaming package. 

You will be able to receive texts in USA without roaming package, but unable to sent texts or sent or receive calls. 

Need Help? Let's chat.