cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARD ISSUES

Hyacinth1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't understand why public mobile doesn't want me to sign up for Auto-Pay or allow me to use my credit card to pay. If this bill remains unpaid, I don't want this to affect my credit!!! HELP!

10 REPLIES 10

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is very common problem when credit cards work in stores but don't work online.

Calling bank service is not bad idea.

@bokehwarrior  There ya go - got an issue, check in here, and if all else fails, contact the Mods, and get the issue sorted out. 👍 

bokehwarrior

Ended up having to have my credit card approved by the finance department.  Once that was done, I was able to add the card and continue with AutoPay.  Account re-activated.

Thanks everybody!

@bokehwarrior wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I sent a private message to the moderators.  I hope that's the same as using the chat bot.

Yes, it pretty much is the same, i.e. if you use the chat bot, the ticket ultimately falls into the lap of one of the Moderators anyway, BUT, from what some of the Oracles here have said, PM prefers people to use the chat bot, so that they can keep track, in some way, of which issues crop up most often.

bokehwarrior

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I sent a private message to the moderators.  I hope that's the same as using the chat bot.

I cannot make any payment amounts because I cannot even add the card.  Card is fine, I just bought some chocolate cake with it.  😁

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bokehwarrior 

While waiting for moderator, you can get a topup voucher at Shell gas station to pay your plan fee to get your phone working ASAP.

You may ask why Shell gas station.  Not all topup voucher are equal.  Some store voucher has 1 or 2 days wait before it can be used.  Member on this forum had tried topup voucher at Shel gas station and works right away.  It is better to phone your local Shell gas station to make sure that they have the voucher for sale.

popping

@bokehwarrior 

Can you add $1 to your account/

If not, try my procedure post just above your post.

If failed again, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Xiaomi_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi

have you tried with another credit card?

bokehwarrior

I'm also having issues with my credit card.  It was successfully added last month, but I never got a notification that payment didn't go through so now my account is suspended.

I tried paying the balance, but the transaction was refused.  I thought it was a credit card problem so I tried adding the CC as a new card again, but it would not take the CC.

My account is currently suspended and I cannot reactivate until I can add my CC and make payment.

popping

@Hyacinth1979 wrote:

I don't understand why public mobile doesn't want me to sign up for Auto-Pay or allow me to use my credit card to pay. If this bill remains unpaid, I don't want this to affect my credit!!! HELP!

When setting up your autopay credit card, make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Need Help? Let's chat.