cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARGED TWICE!

panlyuba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hoping someone can help me make sense of the charges I see on my account as it appears I've been charged twice for the 90-day 12GB/$120 plan.

My phone abruptly stopped working on May 12th which I found odd since I am set up on auto-pay since I started my plan in 2016. I logged in, paid the balance due and my phone worked again but the next day, I checked my credit card statement and it shows the $120 was processed twice! Logged into my account and under Transaction History, this also appears to be true!

How can I receive a credit for the 2nd payment that clearly did not need to be processed?Public Mobile.JPG

13 REPLIES 13

mattspec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd like to echo the sentiment put forward by @UberTag I've been quite pleased with service. But due to a payments system failure on your end my phone is without data and is virtually useless. I've attempted to add more data but now I just have a useless $30 credit on my account. The lack of ability to communicate with this company is very worrying in an industry that requires high speed communications. I will be forced to move my business tomorrow morning if the issue is not fixed. And I do mean forced. My device is virtually useless with no way to rectify and no SLA in place for proper expectations.

UberTag

Just to join the chorus, I also experienced this exact issue on May 12th.  Was informed my auto-pay did not go through with a service disconnect, pushed through a manual payment, reviewed my credit card statement to identify the double-charge (both charges posted) and immediately followed up with the moderator team to reverse the duplicate charge.

I've been told that they need to investigate and that it will take roughly 3-4 weeks to correct the issue and return my funds due to "the volume of demands within the payment department".  Needless to say, seeing how this is clearly a systems issue that impacted multiple individuals I'm not at all impressed by that response.

I've been pleased with the quality of phone service I've received from Public Mobile over the past year but this feels like they're hiding behind their lack of physical location / phone line to respond to a tools issue that was entirely on their end.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hope they will fix the glitch and not just putting a bandaid.

CalvinW

A similar issue happened to me, and they just put the amount in available funds instead of refunding my credit card. I'm on a 90 days plan so having 6 months of phone bills tied up was really inconvenient 

Barrett83

I had the exact same thing happen on the same day and am also currently dealing with moderators to correct the double payment.

panlyuba

Couldn't agree with you more @will13am, I'm hoping that's exactly what the Moderators do, send a credit back to my CC and not hold them within my account as 'Available Funds'.

@panlyuba wrote:

Hi @dna2016,

Unfortuantely, since the transaction occurred on May 12th, it has since moved from Pending to Posted Transactions, so it's officially been charged.

I'm working with the Moderator now, so hopefully they'll be able to credit back. Thanks for your input!

Public Mobile POSTED.JPG

If possible you may want to pursue an option that returns the funds to the payment card.  Maybe it is my idiosyncrasies, I just don't like the idea of using a prepaid cell account as a savings account.  You never know what will happen down the road. 

dna2016

@panlyuba ouch ok, ya that looks like it's official.  Hopefully the moderators can get this resolved for you asap.  Good luck @panlyuba.

panlyuba

Hi @dna2016,

Unfortuantely, since the transaction occurred on May 12th, it has since moved from Pending to Posted Transactions, so it's officially been charged.

I'm working with the Moderator now, so hopefully they'll be able to credit back. Thanks for your input!

Public Mobile POSTED.JPG

dna2016

@panlyuba

I also agree with @Anonymous and @will13am.  Also, keep in mind that sometimes you might see 2 payments on your credit card online account because one of them is just sitting in pending status.  For example, I currently use a PC Financial credit card and when I pay lets say $40 in gas, in a couple days I'll see the $40 as charged on my card and still see another $40 in the pending section, then after another day or 2 the pending $40 will disappear and I'll only see the expected $40 charge.  So sometimes you'll just need to give your credit card provider an extra day or 2 to have your online status cleared and up-to-date.  I'd say if you see $108 fully charged to your credit card twice by Friday, then you should definitely investigate further.

panlyuba

Hi @Anonymous

I've verified with my credit card statement prior to posting this topic, but I will definitely be reaching out to the moderator team for a resolution.

Thanks for the help!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I totally agree with @Anonymous, there is only one charge for $108.  This can be independently verified by looking at the credit card statement. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@panlyuba, Your account history does not show two credit card charges.  I am only seeing one charge of $108 (plus applicable taxes to your CC).  If your CC statement shows two charges from Public mobile for $108 plus taxes, then you need to ask for a credit from the moderator team.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.