cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought new voucher data still unavailabe

JPAETZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a new voucher as my plan was about to be up and I am still unable to use data. When I look at my account it says 0/1024 data used but when I turn off my WiFi it doesn't connect to internet

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@IssacKu, indeed we're so proud of it and we thank everyone for their willingness to help others 🙂

IssacKu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Relevant reply! It's trouble shooting tips like this one that make our Public Mobile community great. Thanks!

@JPAETZ 

From my understanding, you bought a 1 GB data add on for $30, but the data is not working.  It shows up in your overview page in the add on section, but it is not working.  Is that correct?

You could try your SIm card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue or PM service problem.  

If it is a PM service issue, you will need to contact moderator as described above. 

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To renew to the same plan in advanced, you need to reach moderator but you can change to another plan immediately without moderator. Go into your account “Change Plan” and choose to make change immediately.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator by sending a ticket. Click on ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

Master2000

When you add a voucher to your account it only add money to your account for future renew of your plan, it doesn’t automatically renew your plan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JPAETZ wrote:

No I had maxed it out for the month. If its a new voucher with data included it should restart no? Also, when I log onto my account it says I have 1024 MB and none of it is used.

If you used all your data, it will not renew it for you automatically after adding fund.

Did you just purchased 1GB add-on ?

Is the 1GB data usage line showing the bonus data from PM?

If yes, use it.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

JPAETZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No I had maxed it out for the month. If its a new voucher with data included it should restart no? Also, when I log onto my account it says I have 1024 MB and none of it is used.

Master2000

Was your data working before you renew your plan?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JPAETZ wrote:

Bought a new voucher as my plan was about to be up and I am still unable to use data. When I look at my account it says 0/1024 data used but when I turn off my WiFi it doesn't connect to internet

Enable mobile data and restart your phone to let it configure your APN settings automatically.

If you have a LG phone, do a network reset after changing provider before data working again.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JPAETZ 

Did your data work before?  What about talk/text?  Is your account status active or suspended?

It looks like you have the 1GB data add on in your overview page.  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggle airplane mode on/then off.  Even a network reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.