cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both my vouchers WON'T WORK and I just tried to send in a ticket and IT WON'T LET ME

ShiftKey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FINAL EDIT: My phone service is finally working again! Many thank yous to the mods who helped me out, and many thank yous as well to all these users who not only directed me to the mods, but pitched in with either helpful advice or kind words/acknowledgement:
gpixel4, gblackma, fdrcamb519, hairbag1, Jb456, brettster99, Darlicious, cellphoneuser1,

Thank you!!! ❤️

Anyone needing help, I hope you find a solution that works for you here as well!

-------------

THIRD EDIT: I got a message from a mod today 13/5/2020 asking for my whole recipt, as opposed to just the pin section. Before that i was asked to verify my account. I've sent that in, so I guess at this point I have to wait to see what comes of that.

SECOND EDIT: Thank you to everyone who offered either kind words, or offered help, and thank you again to Gpixel4 and Gblackma. I've messaged the mod team with thier advice and am currently waiting to see where it goes from there.

EDIT: To clarify for the people who're saying to use 611 or wait and give it time, cause i didn't clarify when i posted this, I have done both those things already. I have been trying for days on end now to use the vouchers by phone (611), that hasn't worked. it's not an overnight issue.

I have also tried selfserve several times and that hasn't worked either.

So now i'm here and i had to make an account just to make this post. the chatbot isn't helpful, AND the TICKET FUNCTION ISN'T EVEN WORKING SO NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THIS RESOLVED!?

I JUST WANNA TALK TO AN ACTUAL **bleep**ING HUMAN BEING WHO WILL HELP ME FIX THIS! I WILL LITERALLY LOSE MY SOCIAL SUPPORTS WITHOUT THIS **bleep**ING PHONE NUMBER! THIS IS LIFE AN DEATH FOR ME!

This is exactly why phone esrvice need sot be nationalized and FREE! FOR EVERYONE!

51 REPLIES 51

@ShiftKey  Glad to hear that you're in contact with Moderators regarding your issue.

In the interim I'd suggest you consider downloading the TEXTNOW APP. You'll get a Canadian number in your area which will allow you to call/text Canada & USA numbers for FREE over wifi. People can even leave you a voicemail if you're not online.

When you get your account set up depending on what plan you're on the Textnow app has its benefits. For instance. Those on a $15 plan can use the app to check their voicemail instead of using there 100 outgoing minutes. The app also works over data.

Hopefully your issue gets solved soon. Kindly keep us posted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey 

My comment about people coming here saying they've done everything was about the very strong likelihood that they have not "done everything". We ask them for more information. Often they don't bother answering or don't see the relevance. Or don't answer all the questions posed. Finally they relent and provide information. Oh well there it is...the problem is this. And we send them off on their merry way with a working service. From a starting point of them saying they've done everything.

My saying about all the other customers is in response to your sweeping generalizations saying that so many people are having similar problems. They're not. Just the few that do. I'm just responding to your words.

About being believed: so customer comes on saying something doesn't work and they've done everything. So we should then just believe them without evidence and throw up our hands and send them off to the mods? When with some more information and pulling facts out of the customer we might just actually be able to guide them or fix their issue without them having to wait for the mods. I don't think it helps anybody to just quit and send them off. Especially with delayed response times

Invalidating, believe, victim-blamed are strong keywords that are more relevant to other societal issues...not a problem with a cell phone service. Nobody is doing that. We're all just trying to help you help us help you. Nor are my examples and statements specifically directed at you. Just responding to your words.

ShiftKey

@hairbag1 

I bought my vouchers from walmart.

And I don't know anyone else who uses public mobile, and I just looked up the website you linked. It's a good alternative, but the problem is it dosen't have my payment option (15$ vouchers), plus i don't have a credit card.. so even if I did find the 15 buck voucher there, I wouldn't be able to reach it.

And look.. I know ya'll are fellow customers like I am, and I appreciate those of you who've shown up trying to help, but I am going to get upset when i'm repeatedly! not believed, even after giving as much details as I can about a stressful problem that I can't solve on my own, even and after trying everything I could on my end. And frankly if i'm going to be victimblamed /even after all of that/ then I have every right to be frustrated and upset at the way i'm being invalidated and told that it's?? still my fault?? somehow?!?
This isn't the first time i've been in these kinda situations for far worse things that've happened to me and it is LITERALLY crazymaking, so while no, i'm not gonan lash out at people for no reason, yes, i am going to have low tolerance for it. 

And yes, my case has turned out to be a mod-required one, hell even the system itself literally would not /let/ me submit a ticket to them to begin with.

This is also in my edit on my OP, but i've contacted a mod and verified my account, but that's where i'm at so far andI don't know if they've checked out my vouchers yet. last i checked nothing's changed and that was less than an hour ago.

@ShiftKey wrote:

@hairbag1 

I appreciate that you're trying to cover al the bases, but to clarify again since i'll admit I didn't clarify this, I'm not trying to reboot an expired sim, or activate a new one. so that rules out that angle. i'm also aware of the 90 day cutoff cause the notice is there when i log into my self serve.

Egads. Ok then...I'm assuming you got these vouchers from a reputable retail outlet..right ? If you have a family member or friend with a Public Mobile account, give them one of the vouchers to see if it can be activated on their account.

Do you want to try a bit different approach ? Have a look at www.recharge.com. They're an on-line payment voucher service with a good reputation.

Then, when the moderators successfully sort out the problem vouchers, those can just be added to your account for subsequent renewals.

I know you're frustrated but please don't take offense when we try to help you...we're not PM employees, we're just PM customers, like you, participating in the PM Community Forum. Usually someone here can come up with a brilliant suggestion or solution...but your issue seems to be exceptional. As already discussed...the solution is usually / frequently "user error" or "the fat finger syndrome".. Most of these voucher problems get sorted out using suggestions you've already tried.... sounds like something different with yours. Sometimes, the moderators have to get involved and I guess this is one of those cases.

For future reference, please keep us informed.

ShiftKey

@hairbag1 

I appreciate that you're trying to cover al the bases, but to clarify again since i'll admit I didn't clarify this, I'm not trying to reboot an expired sim, or activate a new one. so that rules out that angle. i'm also aware of the 90 day cutoff cause the notice is there when i log into my self serve.

ShiftKey

@Anonymous 

That's understandable when there's a lot of people who wind up having thier problem solved by [x] solution, but again, that's NOT my situation and your responses feel cynical and condescending, especially when i've already taken the time to outline and even edit to SAY that NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED. Problems beyond user oversight DO happen and my situation IS ONE of those. Otherwise it would've already been resolved.

And just because tens of thousands of customers use it just fine dosen't mean jack squat for all of us who DO run into problems they can't take care of by themselves. Again. Living proof right here. It's exausting, invalidating and infuriating to have to defend yourself against people who INSIST "well you must not have done something/must have done something wrong" when you've already explained you've ALREADY tried EVERY avenue.

@ShiftKey

While we wait for moderator intervention...have you been a PM customer for awhile or are you trying to activate a new account ? Let's see if there's a solution buried in here somewhere tonight.

Are you trying to activate an expired sim ? Accounts that are Suspended for 90 days are automatically closed down for good...need a new sim and a new account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey wrote:

@Anonymous 

The numbers are boldly stated on my recipt. they are the ones. and even if they weren't i've already tried putting in every other set of 12 digit numbers.And just like i knew they obviously wouldn't, they didn't work.

I get that people try to account for human error, but how hard is it to believe someone who says "hey nothing i've tried has worked" when it's the same problem a lot of other people've been experiencing?

Because we see it all the time. People say they've tried everything and say the one thing they tried.

Oh have you? And go on to suggest a pile of ideas. The customer comes back saying one of them worked. Well then you didn't try everything did you.

It's also a human thing to not see things until brought to their attention. The ol' can't see for looking. Oh is that where that is. I just didn't understand what I was seeing.

As for this specific problem...I certainly wouldn't say a lot of other people have the problem. Always remember...we see the complaints here. There are many tens of thousands of customers using the system and it's features just fine.

ShiftKey

@Anonymous 

The numbers are boldly stated on my recipt. they are the ones. and even if they weren't i've already tried putting in every other set of 12 digit numbers.And just like i knew they obviously wouldn't, they didn't work.

I get that people try to account for human error, but how hard is it to believe someone who says "hey nothing i've tried has worked" when it's the same problem a lot of other people've been experiencing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey wrote:

@fdrcamb519 

Thank you, and so far i've msged the mods with my vouchers just now. hopefully they'll reply and be able to solve this.

I'd be curious to know if you have a line in your Payment history saying "Top-up voucher" if you select 30 days view.

Also, if you have multiple 12 digit numbers on your receipt then maybe you're not typing the right one.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShiftKey 

Thank you for letting us know, the Moderators always reply back, that was one of my concerns, when I joined PM, be assured you will not loose your funds. 

ShiftKey

@fdrcamb519 

Thank you, and so far i've msged the mods with my vouchers just now. hopefully they'll reply and be able to solve this.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShiftKey 

First off all welcome to Public Mobile, take a deep breath, everything is going to work out, between, the hard working members here on the community, and the moderators, you will solve this. keep us updated.

ShiftKey

@gblackma 

Thank you for your help, I just msged them with Gpixel4's advice but i'll try again with the pictures as well and subject line. if any of this works i'll update. =<

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ShiftKey contaxt the moderators directly using this private message link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Take a pic of the 2 vouchers and ask them to apply them to your account for you. Put "Help, please add vouchers" in the subject message field. 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

While you wait log into your self service account and use the one time payment  option to add them. You can add both of them together. See screenshot below on where to do it. 

Make a patment.png

Welcome to the community. Stay safe.

@ShiftKey have you tried activating them on self serve you can also try *611 on your phone

@ShiftKey wrote:

I have had these vouchers for almost two weeks now, it's not an overnight issue. they aren't working.

Can you try adding them by calling 611.

ShiftKey

Thank you, i'm going to try this and see if it works. if it does i'll update my OP

ShiftKey

@RossN 

I have had these vouchers for almost two weeks now, it's not an overnight issue. they aren't working.

@ShiftKey Hello depending on where you bought the vouchers the store may not activate them until overnight you may have to wait until the morning  have a great evening

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ShiftKey you can send a private message to customer support here:

@CS_Agent 

scroll down to "send this user a private message"

Need Help? Let's chat.