cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both my vouchers WON'T WORK and I just tried to send in a ticket and IT WON'T LET ME

ShiftKey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FINAL EDIT: My phone service is finally working again! Many thank yous to the mods who helped me out, and many thank yous as well to all these users who not only directed me to the mods, but pitched in with either helpful advice or kind words/acknowledgement:
gpixel4, gblackma, fdrcamb519, hairbag1, Jb456, brettster99, Darlicious, cellphoneuser1,

Thank you!!! ❤️

Anyone needing help, I hope you find a solution that works for you here as well!

-------------

THIRD EDIT: I got a message from a mod today 13/5/2020 asking for my whole recipt, as opposed to just the pin section. Before that i was asked to verify my account. I've sent that in, so I guess at this point I have to wait to see what comes of that.

SECOND EDIT: Thank you to everyone who offered either kind words, or offered help, and thank you again to Gpixel4 and Gblackma. I've messaged the mod team with thier advice and am currently waiting to see where it goes from there.

EDIT: To clarify for the people who're saying to use 611 or wait and give it time, cause i didn't clarify when i posted this, I have done both those things already. I have been trying for days on end now to use the vouchers by phone (611), that hasn't worked. it's not an overnight issue.

I have also tried selfserve several times and that hasn't worked either.

So now i'm here and i had to make an account just to make this post. the chatbot isn't helpful, AND the TICKET FUNCTION ISN'T EVEN WORKING SO NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THIS RESOLVED!?

I JUST WANNA TALK TO AN ACTUAL **bleep**ING HUMAN BEING WHO WILL HELP ME FIX THIS! I WILL LITERALLY LOSE MY SOCIAL SUPPORTS WITHOUT THIS **bleep**ING PHONE NUMBER! THIS IS LIFE AN DEATH FOR ME!

This is exactly why phone esrvice need sot be nationalized and FREE! FOR EVERYONE!

51 REPLIES 51

@Newfiemomma1989 

This does seem to be adding up to a pm glitch with this issue of adding pm vouchers. Users are having trouble adding vouchers that are normally immediately valid upon purchase. One customer couldnt't add a London Drugs pm voucher whereas I had no trouble however I had purchased if the day before so maybe the problem began the day after I had purchased my voucher.

Keep in mind both 611 and your self serve will only allow 2 attempted or successful payments with vouchers or credit card. You must wait one full hour before trying again.

Depending on where you purchased it ( Wal-Mart?) There may be a validity delay of up to 24 hours for other retailers but normally no delay or very little  less than one hour) with vouchers purchased at the following retailers:

• 7/11✔
  • London Drugs✔
  • Shoppers Drug Mart
  • Shell Stations
  • Petrocan✔
  • RCSS
  • TMS
  • Circle K (not tested+confirmed)✔
  • Walmart✔

✔All retailers that customers have had problems adding vouchers from these retailers in the last few days when normally pm vouchers from them can be added via 611 immediately upon purchase.

@J_PM .....more evidence.

@softech 

No response yet. Unfortunately, little gets done on the weekends.  

@Newfiemomma1989   pretty sure it's voucher issue on the back end.  Open a ticket with PM first.  : 

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

you cannot load a credit card on the system and pay that way?

or you can try Retail instant top-up , but there is a small fee..

@Dunkman ,did PM confirm there is an issue or what they said about the high number of voucher issues in the last 2 days?

Newfiemomma1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve put the pin in from both phone vouchers and they won’t accept them I’m getting very annoyed as I have a small child and need a phone for emergencies 

@Newfiemomma1989 

you have a voucher problem?  what exactly you tried?

three has been MANY voucher issue over the last 2 days , you might be the 8th one I encounter.  I think it is a system issue

Open a ticket with PM CS Agent

Newfiemomma1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is my problem can you tell me what they done to help you??

@darlicious wow i was wondering why I ended up on that page. I clicked on a link in my email and brought me to your poof the magic dragon page. Then I thought oh this would be good for shiftkey, then I came to this post and thought. Sheesh this was because darlicious tagged it. Sorry ... 😒

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/poof-the-magic-dragon-disappearing-post-b...

@ShiftKey 

Adding the vouchers to the catalogue would be fantastic....a little blurb about how they eventually were loaded etc....and I'm sure it will help others in the future.

Consider the koho card carefully ....smart thinking when it comes to new financial products/services but I don't see any real downsides as its not credit and there are no fees associated to it but that's an option....and your choice to make.

I have another possible option for you .....ill private message you the info and you can decide if thats something that will work for you.

I think it's great you shared how you feel.... whether or not there was intent or whatever on the other member....sharing our experiences is helpful for everyone involved even the casual observer as we learn more about ourselves and how others around us might perceive what we say or how we say it. We wouldn't be individuals if we didn't see things differently. A little group therapy never hurts....for us to grow.

The spam filter....ive left a link to my thread about my experience with it....enjoy!

@ShiftKey @Anonymous from an objective view I can say that I did not take Z's comments as an attack on you. Realy sorry if that is how it was perceived. 

As z10 has pointed out there have been other community members that have said "I tried everything" and when another option was mentioned they had responded, "oh I didn't think of that thank you."  

The question at hand was not a shot at your character or who you are as a person. It was a question invariably of whether the method had been tried or not. In this case, it sounds like you did try every course of action to try and figure out this voucher system.  It is a relief that you were able to get it figured out and overall glad you were able to come up with a solution. An know it can be frustrating. 

Very similar to when I used to call Bell and I would say I have tried everything are there any other options and the first thing they would say well have you turned it off and back on. I could immediately perceive this as an attack from Bell, but really it is only because they are doing their due diligence.

Speaking to your edits and posts deleted? I know that if you swear language is not actually allowed in the forum. That would be why those were deleted out. Other then that hope all else is well. 

Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey 

It's curious how different people perceive different meanings in written text. What twigs one person, has no effect on another. The other person didn't perceive the same meaning in what they read. Some of your choice of words and phrasing twigged me. Clearly my words and phrasing twigged you.
I had no malice in what I wrote. I was trying to explain how it looks from this side of being helpful. Seems I was too honest. It all went very wrong.
For that I apologize. I do not apologize for what I wrote.

ShiftKey

z10user4:

Saying my response was "Way over the top response" then trying to cover your own arse with "not you personally" has got to be the most blatantly dishonest and passive aggressive and spiteful needling i've come across on this site so far. And no, i'm not going to ask you "who you mean" because the context is pretty clear who you're addressing and you'd likely just lie by moving goatlposts and feign cluelessness.

When someone tells you your actions are harmful you don't get to call it "just discussing stuff", your responses to me, specifically, were accusatory, then pasive aggressively, needling and baity. just like this post of yours right here. If you'd actually been helpful your posts would've reflected that and my responses to you would've reflected that. And i'm not the only person who's had this problem with you i've learned, turns out.

And now i'm gonna tell you not to post in my thread again because your presense has been nothing but toxic and for the reasons said above. Take your 'well' wishes with you, i reject them.

@darlicious
I didn't know there was anything like that here on this site, i'll definetely add them to the catalogue cause yeah, if it helps people fix this type of mishap in the future i'm for it.

On the koho card stuff I don't have any concrete plans to sign up for it right now, but i'll keep all that in mind and ask around my friends+chosen family and see what experiences they have with it, if any. I wanna make sure it's the right fit for me and i'm extremely wary of anything that functions like a credit card because of my mental illnesses+finantial situation+credit cards as a whole.

I do at least understand that koho is not the same thing, though!

Originally I tried looking around to see if the posts were in my history too, or somethng but they had literally vanished right after being posted. i'll check the link but no worries if it dosen't work, this has been a learning opportunity for me so, thank you for posting it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

@ShiftKey

Im happy to hear the moderator was able to add the vouchers and reactivate your account. Was there any particular reason your vouchers wouldn't load? If you care to add them to the "Voucher Catalogue" (just type it in the search bar.) I know we dont have any examples of walmart vouchers and your experience with them can be extremely helpful to others but totally your call.

In regards to the koho card they do supply you with a separate card number to be used exclusively online for added security. You can simply transfer a limlted amount of funds onto your koho card for public mobile payments. You can keep it locked if you wish thru your app. There are a few here that use it if you decide to sign up ask @brettster99  for a referral youll both get an additional 1% cashback .

I don't think I saw your post that was edited? Disappeared? You could have been a victim of the *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug otherwise known as pm's puritan spam filter . If thats the case you should be able to find your missing post at the above link. ( bear with my linking skills they are hit and miss!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey 

Have a nice life.

Way over the top response to just discussing stuff and shedding some light on what we see here all the time. Not you personally.

@ShiftKey glad everything has worked out! Hopefully going forward will not be so rocky, wow what an ordeal eh! 

Also glad so many were able to chip in and help you out have a great evening! 🙂

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShiftKey 

Glad to hear you have service again. And from my limited knowledge yes you can buy stuff online using the KOHO card. But @darlicious would have more knowledge then I would regarding that and if you can use the KOHO card online 

ShiftKey

@brettster99
that does sound promising, and i looked it up last night and it seems doable. i'm already with a bank but I am looking into if i can buy stuff online with KOHO, which would be a great big help if I can.

@gpixel
To be honest, I don't know how comfortable i'd be giving a cashier my phone number, But I will at least make note of that option if I come across something like this again. i'll keep it in mind (but hopefully i'll be luckier in the future)

@darlicious
That's okay, it happens! and Oh okay I didn't know anything about blackhawk, or thier hand in voucher machines, that's really useful to know! and i'll try to remember to ask about that the next time i buy a voucher. And on the KOHO front i'll put that on the list of plusses in terms of deciding on whether to try and get one.

@Anonymous
Your post does nothing but attempt to flash your supposed accomplishments like a badge instead in order to derail, with additional "surprised" dismissal.
This post is literally word salad that does nothing to acknowledge and own the harm you've caused me.

FINAL NOTE: The mod got back to me and my phone service is finally working again! I will up date my OP but I also want ot say it here: To most of you on this thread, thank you so very much for all of your help and kind words. I seriously appreciate ya'll and I hope anyone else having the same problems I did, can hopefully find something that works for them as well and if not, that they'll be able to get a ticket without issue or better yet contact a mod directly like I was directed to.

@ShiftKey 

Duh! Of course you can't call....sorry about that wasnt i wasnt thinking there.....blackhawk is the main supplier of voucher printing machines. From lottery terminals to mobile provider top up vouchers they are one of the major players and pretty much guarantee the reliability of their product due to the no  refund policy of most of the products their terminals print.

As @brettster99  mentioned the koho card is essentially a visa/debit card that almost anyone can qualify for and is my top recommendation for public mobile customers that don't qualify for a regular visa/debit card or let alone a credit card. Its a great option to have for public mobile.

@ShiftKey sorry for all the stress you've been going through.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get"

a better option to top up your account, is to try the instant top up method.

instant top up-01.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShiftKey 

Wow. Been here two years. Been a top contributor. Can't imagine how all that happened if that's the assessment of my participation here. Incredible. And then you mention mental illnesses. My sympathies.

But I'm astonished.

brettster99

@ShiftKey 

KOHO is actually a prepaid card. That acts like a visa credit card. They describe it as a debit card with cashback (with public mobile its 2.5% cashback) Its not a credit card which is good

ShiftKey

@brettster99 

Nono, i've gotten a response from the mods as i've updated in my OP, it should be at the top there! But I haven't seen any changes to my account yet sadly. I do at least know they're working on it since they asked me to send the reciepts a second time, this time they wanted the whole recipt instead of only the sections with the pins on them.

But thank you for that tip, that'll be super useful to know!

@darlicious 

I don't have the means to call the wal-mart since.. well.. I don't got a working phone rn. But I am looking into textnow so hopefully I won't run into something like this down the road. I don't know what blackhawk is but i'm assuming it's some sort of software they use when activating pins? that actually sounds like it'd be good to know, just to learm more about and better understand where the failure is happening system wise and what kind of failure it is?

I've never heard of koho, i'm with a different bank but i'm not looking to sign up for a credit card since between my finantial situation and my mental illnesses, plus the fact credit cards are ment to get people into debt, the thought of having to manage one gives me extreme anxiety. Unless the koho hard doubles as a visa but without the credit card nastiness?

ShiftKey

I'm also going to say again, because someone keeps deleting the last reply I made calling out z10user4's toxic behaviour towards me in this thread. Even the one I had made last night that was edited for any swear words.

Whichever mod that is, that is extremely toxic of you to be favoring this user and deleting my posts (no matter how civil) for one, and for another it paints a picture of there not only being no contest to that user's behaviour? It also sends the message that thier garbage behaviour is acceptable and not to be contested, and that i'm not allowed to fight back or call out anyone who antagonizes me, and that it's somehow wrong for anyone who's been antagonized and victimized to call out thier aggresors. That reeks of favoritism, and sending those kinds of messages is the HEIGHT of toxicity in any community. That is online gaslighting (dirty deleting) at it's worst.

z10user4 came into my thread being nothing but accusatory, confrontational, antagonistic and looking for argument/to victimblame and to treat me like my problem was my fault, and blatantly refused to acknowledge any of what i'd written in my OP and in the rest of my posts.

When I pointed those out, multiple times, instead of backing off? they dug thier heels in and continued to victimblame and antagonize, then started minimizing my very real and ongoing situation, like as if they were appointing themselves some sort of psuedo mod and judge of who's worthy of getting help from a mod or not. That is garbage behaviour and is unacceptable.

Not to mention in doing so they revealed themselves to be blatantly ignoring the fact that I 1. started this thread because the ticket system wasn't working -the very one you use to talk to a mod directly anyways. Which is what i needed and what they impled I would be taking away resources from and am not worthy of having access to.

and2. other people! were kind enough to help me get in touch with a mod, meaning they read my OP and acknowledged my situation and believed me, and took me seriously. And even the people who didn't either suggested useful alternatives that might either help me, or if not then someone else, OR they left kind and encouraging words which helps and was worlds better than z10user4's accusatory, condescending, combatative and victim blaming posts.

In other words the other users did not make it about thier ego or thier gross desire to witchhunt and gatekeep.

I am saying all this because this kinda garbage behaviour i described NEEDS to be checked in this community, and it is the reason I won't be staying with public mobile/kuudo for much longer unless that changes, and fast. When I or someone else needs help they shouldn't have to read or hear things like "I'd be curious to know if you have a line in your Payment history..." (that is a known underhanded way to say "i wanna see your account details to judge you and see that it's your fault, but without saying those words" ) in our own threads.

And I or they shouldn't have to read things like "pulling facts out of the customer" like it's an interrogation... when i already provided details for everyone to see which they chose to ignore for the sake of victimblaming.. and  "I don't think it helps anybody to just quit and send them off. Especially with delayed response times" It's not about you, it's about the person who needs help and when you clearly don't have what it takes to help them, then you need to step aside so the people who DO, can. and at the least, not posting hurts noone.

But to condescend, antagonize, victim blame, minimize and dismiss and gaslight. IS being blatantly harmful, passive aggressively meanspirited -the complete opposite of helpful. It is self-serving and meanspirited, and can easily drive people away from both community and service. Stop protecting bad behavior -it wouldn't be acceptable from a mod, so it shouldn't be acceptable from any fellow user. period.
 Respond with empathy to people's situations or don't respond at all.

@ShiftKey 

Wow you've had a whopper of an issue with your vouchers and hopefully you have or will have the moderators set it out for you. Have you tried calling the Wal-Mart location you purchased them from to see if they've had an issue with their equipment? Is the supplier of their system Blackhawk? There may be a "recall" type notice online if they were having issues? I know doesn't help the situation at hand but could help information wise.

Going forward have you considered applying for a koho card? It's an online bank that issues a visa/debit card. It takes about 5 minutes to sign up and about 5 business days to recieve your card. It has high interest savings rates, no fees and a cashback program that includes an additional 2% cashback when you pay your public mobile plan with it. You will also be able to sign up and recieve the $2 autopay reward.

brettster99

@ShiftKey 

Still no response yet from mods? Dang that sucks. But also @gblackma shared with me is that if you call your pm number then you cancel the call on your regular phone and on textnow you press the * symbol and enter your password to go into your voicemail without using mins. Just a tip when you regain service 

ShiftKey

@Jb456 

Alright, I just looked it up and it sounds promising so far, i'll see about trying it out! thanks for the quick breakdown and instructions too!

@Charlesrose123 

Logging in would be needed for the attempts already. Logging in and out what do anything when the vouchers were tried many times already. It also won't help if vouchers don't work at *611.

@ShiftKey  the TEXTNOW app is FREE to download. Free to use. It's great for traveling as anywhere in the world people can reach you on a Canadian number and unlike other apps the person calling you does NOT need the app. 

It's free on both Android & iPhones. Of course like any other app they do have some pay features like remove ads. Don't worry about it, it's not that annoying. I've had it for years as have many others on here.

Steps.

• Download app
  • Use email to signup
  • Enter your area code
  • It will list you available numbers. Pick one you want
  • You're good to go to call and text Canada and USA numbers for free.

ShiftKey

@Charlesrose123 

If it were that easy this thread wouldn't exist.

Charlesrose123

Log out and back in

ShiftKey

@Jb456 

Thank you Jb! and I will for sure try and keep ya'll posted. It hasn't been resolved yet but it may also be buisness/working hours, and very likely a queue.

I haven't heard of that app but i'll look into it since the 15$ plan's what I use. But does it need a credit card or paypal? because if so I won't be able to sign up for it. =< 

(and worst case scenario if my sim card gets deactivated because this issue dosen't get resolved, i get the feeling i won't be able to use this app anyway)

Need Help? Let's chat.