cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Zenmike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my credit card was charged for my first month ( 15$ plus taxes ) but in my account it says the amount is due and O have 0$ in my balance. Is this normal?

5 REPLIES 5

@Zenmike

Yes that's normal.

You will almost always see what the amount due for your next renewal is through out your 30 day cycle. If you have any available funds in your balance then the amount due will be reduced by that amount. In the first month most customers with the $15 plan can log into their accounts and see:

• Available funds: $12
  • Plan Amount:     $15
  • Amount Due:      $3

If they go to their rewards page it will give them "your estimated payment" ....$1. This page takes into consideration your available funds in your balance and your estimated pending rewards. In this case it would be the pending $2 autopay reward.  $15 - $12=$3 - $2=$1 (estimated payment/amount due).

In the transaction history you would expect to see (from bottom to top) :

• $15 top up amount (credit or payment voucher)+$15
  • $10 - 30 DAY PLAN                                      (-$10)$  5
  • $5 - 100 MINUTES OF OUTGOING TALK  (-$5)  $  0
  • $2 Autopay reward credit                             (+$2) $  2
  • $10 Bonus Referral Credit                          (+$10)$12 (available funds)

During renewal things look a little crazy in your account don't worry too much about it when you get to that point but I like to take screenshots of my overview page and transaction history before and after renewal for my own records or if your data your minute counters don't reset upon renewal you can easily have it rectified.

The main rule of thumb is ignore any messages in your account that say expired or suspended unless you don't have working services, are not registered for autopay or you don't have enough available funds in your account balance to cover your plan amount. Otherwise this is normal messaging in your account from about 6pm eastern til about 6am eastern on your renewal night.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Zenmike wrote:

Hello, my credit card was charged for my first month ( 15$ plus taxes ) but in my account it says the amount is due and O have 0$ in my balance. Is this normal?

@Zenmike    The first month of activation is always full plan price (plus tax) and any rewards (autopay+RAF credit) should appear under My Rewards and get converted to the balance on your next renewal date.  

BTW you did register a payment card and enable autopay for the $2 discount at activation?  Hopefully, you also had a family/friend's referral code to use to get the $10 credit.

Edit: @Zenmike   Right above the Amount Due, you can see when your next payment is due and that is normal to see that you have a zero balance ATM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zenmike 

when is showing to you at Available Funds: $0
payment Due Before: m-d-y
Payment Next Cycle: $15
Amount owing: $15

that is normal..

and at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service not monthly and No fees extra charges,

and the transaction history is not showing Tax, you will see the Tax at your credit card.

and review General Reward Rules - Community (publicmobile.ca)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Zenmike 

Does it look like this:

HALIMACS_0-1636819140689.png

If so, you're good to go as long as your calling features are working.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zenmike : Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.