cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date

scott_whitty
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville
When i started with you my billing date was the 25th now it's slowly month by month down to the 19th...wth..why?

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @scott_whitty 

365.25 days a year (every 4th year leap-year)

Public Mobile bills every 30 days.  After 12 billing cycles you'll get to 360 days, leaving 5.25 days remaining in the calendar year, thus the renewal date will 'fall back' by 5.25 days from the original start date. 

This means that anyone who has been with Public Mobile for almost 6 years will have had 1 more billing cycle than there are calendar months during that period.

That's all the math I've got for at least a week...  

@LurganIeUk Heh, yeah I also have a calendar reminder every 30 days on the day prior to my renewal, but mostly because that's a good day to mess around and use up any remaining plan minutes and data before the renewal. 🙂

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Want to know your exact dates? Here is what I do on my iPhone. 

Use the calendar, make an entry like “Mark needs to pay PM” make that entry the exact date of your last payment. Then set it up to repeat every 30 days. Then search your calendar for “Mark needs to pay PM” and make a screen shot of it and print it. Keep it handy when you pay bills or? 

Also set up a second calendar entry, if you are on $15 plan” on same date saying “Check how many PM minutes are left in Marks account”. Set an alert 7 days and 2 days in advance. Got some left? Call a friend or relative that is from another province....just to keep in touch. 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes that is why sometimes we are charged twice within one month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scott_whitty wrote:
When i started with you my billing date was the 25th now it's slowly month by month down to the 19th...wth..why?

Because this is a 30 day service, not a month. The renewal date will creep up and then wrap around and creep back up. It takes about 5 years to come back around to when you started.

Need Help? Let's chat.