cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing cycle

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How many days is the billing cycle? I keep noticing that the date keeps creeping up. It was the 5th of the month not long ago, I recall. Then it was Aug 3rd. The next is Sep 2nd. So it is not monthly...

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Esthercruz : As you may have read in this thread, this place is a 30 day term...not monthly. You can see your renewal date at the top of your self-serve page or you can dial 611 and hear it.
It actually takes about 5 years to work up and then back down back to your starting date.
So 30 days = 12 renewals = 360 days for a year.

@Esthercruz wrote:

My concern is that apparently my billing cycle started on the 28th and now starts on the 21st. At this pace, one whole month will be lost throughout a year. How's that possible?

Each cycle is 30 days. Not monthly.

Esthercruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My concern is that apparently my billing cycle started on the 28th and now starts on the 21st. At this pace, one whole month will be lost throughout a year. How's that possible?

Esthercruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. My billing periods started on the 28th and have been moving forward month by month. After 12 months now my payments are withdrawn on the 21st day of the month!!!!!

I'm concerned, more so because I can't see my billing cycle.

Please help!

azeemhaq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Billing cycle is 30 days. The day you make a payment is the first day of the 30 days cycle.

if the payment date was 13 Aug, then 11th Sept is the 30th day of your billing cycle, because august month has 31 days. so in this case, 12th Sept will be the date when your payment is due.

If the payment is made on 13th Feb, then 14th March will be your 30th day, and payment will be due on 15th March (Considering the february is the month with 28 days)

I hope it explains, the 30 days billing cycle is simple count of 30 days from the date of payment made.

Thank you

@helenhelen 

ie. renewal date is August 4.

your data and plan will reset at 12:00 am ET or 9:00 pm August 3 PT 

When you log into your self serve account it will say payment due date. The date that is displayed is the day your funds are owed.

The system normally starts the renewal process at 2am EST. On the payment due date.

However at midnight or 12:01am of that day if you log into your self serve account you will noticed that your data, call minutes (if not on an unlimited plan) has already renewed.

The account goes like this.

Example payment due date of August 5th.

Tonight Aug 4th in the evening you would see your account go from active to expired.

Later it will go from expired to Suspended. With this note.

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

This will display throughout the early morning of the 5th while the system updates and charges your account.

During that time around 2am est the system will credit any rewards you're owed to your available balance. Then the system will debit your account for your plan and any remaining amount owed would be charged to your credit card if you're on auto-pay.

Sometime later of the 5th let's just say 9am to 11am once the system updates your account will go from suspended back to active.

During all that time disregard your account and the message displayed. As long as your service is working calls, data, sms...just let the system do it's thing  as it's always been that way.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And does data get reset on the billing date or the day after?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Plans are 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.