cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing confusion

chaywood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am registered for Auto-Pay and it has worked since I originally signed up several months ago.
However I logged in last night to my account and it showed the account plan was expired so I made a panic payment directly from my credit card.
I am now showing a $2 credit in my account which I assume is for the Auto-Pay promotion but I am very confused why the Auto-Pay didn't happen for this month and I had to make a last minute payment to prevent my phone from going dead.

How can I confirm what's happening with my account and payments?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moferator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Triguy there is no need to contact the moderator team for this.  This is entirely explainable by the community, as @computergeek541, @Anonymous, and @Alex888 [minus the bit about up to 2 days before renewal, which was incorrect] have done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for the noon hour text message informing you of the renewal being processed, I am sure that everything is done well before that time, but that it's just that Public Mobile will not send text messges about renewals, payment reminders, referral notices, etc. before that time because they don't want to risk sending the message when there's an increased chance of the customer sleeping and being awake by a notification.

Especially if you've sat there all night watching a renewal happen. 🙂

I haven't. Just up to around 2 or so ET (11 or so PT).

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the schedule of events that I've made note of:

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take the community reward out (if any) and reset it and take out and re-apply any other rewards. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.

Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.

The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.

Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Don't futz in the self-serve on renewal night. 🙂

I've noticed similar timelines when it comes to renewals, although I will say that some months differ in timing.  There are times that the renewal shows as complete around 2am (Eastern time), but there's other times I've seen it around 3am, and yet other renewals that around 5am, it isn't done. I'm not watching every renewal, but each renewal can occur at different times.  In the end, it doesn't really matter what time Public Mobile fully completes the renewal because we know that service doesn't get disconected (at least it's not supposed to) until any scheduled renewal fails.

As for the noon hour text message informing you of the renewal being processed, I am sure that everything is done well before that time, but that it's just that Public Mobile will not send text messges about renewals, payment reminders, referral notices, etc. before that time because they don't want to risk sending the message when there's an increased chance of the customer sleeping and being awake by a notification.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the schedule of events that I've made note of:

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take the community reward out (if any) and reset it and take out and re-apply any other rewards. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.

Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.

The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.

Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Don't futz in the self-serve on renewal night. 🙂

@chaywood wrote:

I am registered for Auto-Pay and it has worked since I originally signed up several months ago.
However I logged in last night to my account and it showed the account plan was expired so I made a panic payment directly from my credit card.
I am now showing a $2 credit in my account which I assume is for the Auto-Pay promotion but I am very confused why the Auto-Pay didn't happen for this month and I had to make a last minute payment to prevent my phone from going dead.

How can I confirm what's happening with my account and payments?

As Alex888 was saying, this messages gets displayed to everyone even when there is no problem with the account.  The fact that you still got tthe Autopay bonus and it has been credited to your account balance, this means that Autopay is succesfully enabled on your account.

There is nothing further that you need to do, and there is no need to contact the moderators.  The extra $2 in your account will reduce the amount that you owe for the next renewal. The extra $2 is sitting there because a payment was made not factoring in that reward.

@Alex888 wrote:
@chaywoodIt is normal for accounts to says Suspended or Expired up to 2 days before renewal and up to a day after, even if autopay is set up and goes through properly. There is only a problem if your phone stops working.

It saying suspended or expired for up to 2 days before renewal is most definitely not normal.  These erroneous messages only show the night going into/early morning of the renewal.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moferator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@chaywood It is normal for accounts to says Suspended or Expired up to 2 days before renewal and up to a day after, even if autopay is set up and goes through properly. There is only a problem if your phone stops working.
Need Help? Let's chat.