cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing change

gzeweniuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am on automatic pay and just noticed I am being charged an additional $10.00 per month.

I don't see any reason for this increase. I have not authorized any increase in my service

12 REPLIES 12

@Anonymous wrote:

50.41 / 1.12 = 45

$30 plan

$10 SIM

$5 ??? store service fee for unlocking and porting and setting up ??? It would be interesting to see the receipt.

The best evidence of course would be posting the Payment history from here from the beginning.

I understood that Wal-mart provided free Public Mobile SIM's (at least that's the case with all of em around here) IF you let them do the activation for you.

Would be interesting to see the receipt and the OP's payment transaction history for the past 90 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

50.41 / 1.12 = 45

$30 plan

$10 SIM

$5 ??? store service fee for unlocking and porting and setting up ??? It would be interesting to see the receipt.

The best evidence of course would be posting the Payment history from here from the beginning.

@gzeweniuk wrote:

I signed up on August 30, 2020 at WalMart in Nanaimo, B.C.

It was a promo, but I didn't think it was for a limited time.

The whole process of setting up the account was very complicated. My previous account was with Virgin. They had to transfer that account then unlock my iphone which involved Virgin then Apple had to approve the unlocking. It also involved a change of shift so I had 3 people working on it. They were very helpful, sorting out all the technical issues but just took charge and did it all without bothering to explain any of it to me.

The original payment was $50.41 but after the partial month and next month it all worked out to $20.00 per month plus tax minus the $2.00 discount for Pre Pay.  That rate continued until December 2020.

I'm unsure why you were charge $50.41. There are never any partial "months"/billing cycles at Public Mobile. Even if you were signed up to a $30 per 30 days plan, that still wouldn't come out to that expensive.

@gzeweniuk 

I believe the offer was available in the January to March timeframe of 2020 and would last about 8 months from that point, so it is conceivable that you would have only received the trailing end of the promotion, and therefore your plan is back up to the original face value.

gzeweniuk

I guess get $10.00 off would be the plan. I signed up August 30, 2020 but was not aware that it was a limited duration deal. I only got the deal for 3 months then it advanced to $30.00.

gzeweniuk

I signed up on August 30, 2020 at WalMart in Nanaimo, B.C.

It was a promo, but I didn't think it was for a limited time.

The whole process of setting up the account was very complicated. My previous account was with Virgin. They had to transfer that account then unlock my iphone which involved Virgin then Apple had to approve the unlocking. It also involved a change of shift so I had 3 people working on it. They were very helpful, sorting out all the technical issues but just took charge and did it all without bothering to explain any of it to me.

The original payment was $50.41 but after the partial month and next month it all worked out to $20.00 per month plus tax minus the $2.00 discount for Pre Pay.  That rate continued until December 2020.

@gzeweniuk 

Maybe screenshot your payment history page for the last couple of months.  Or your overview page with your plan details.  

I quickly glanced at the past promotions:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

There was a deal last year for $10 off for 8 months.  That might be applicable to  your situation.  

@gzeweniuk 

Please expand the Plan Details under the My Plan section of your self-serve, screenshot it, and post it for our consideration. (wiping any personal information)

Alternatively, you could just type out the details in a reply.

EDIT:  I suspect you were on a promotion that had run it's course?  Public Mobile has many, many on-going promotions which occur.  Perhaps you might refer back to the activation details for specifics.

@gzeweniuk wrote:

I entered a plan for $20.00 per month and have been paying that for many months. I also get $2.00 per month off for automatic payment.

I just noticed that my visa was debited $30.00 in December and again in January (less $2.00 for automatic payment)

I purchased the plan at Walmart and was not told it was only a short term discount.

How long ago did you sign up?  There hasn't been any $20 plan for a very long time.  Can you say what your plan includes? 

gzeweniuk

I entered a plan for $20.00 per month and have been paying that for many months. I also get $2.00 per month off for automatic payment.

I just noticed that my visa was debited $30.00 in December and again in January (less $2.00 for automatic payment)

I purchased the plan at Walmart and was not told it was only a short term discount.

@gzeweniuk wrote:

i am on automatic pay and just noticed I am being charged an additional $10.00 per month.

I don't see any reason for this increase. I have not authorized any increase in my service

Is it possible that you were receiving a temporary promotional discount before? 

Also, the payment history does often list a sepearate $10 charge, but after adding up all the totals, along with comparing it to the payments, rewards, and any other discounts, the amount charged should be correct.

Which plan do you have?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gzeweniuk 

What plan are you on?

Have you recently changed plans?

Is it possible (if you're a newer customer) that you recently received a $10 credit for using someone's referral code resulting in your recent bill being $10 less, and now your full plan amount is being charged?

Need Help? Let's chat.